Residential Support Worker who is caring, supportive and patient with the ability to work well in a team and build positive relationships is required for a well-established Charity that supports people with Autism Spectrum Disorders and related conditions.
NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED – FULL TRAINING PROVIDED
You don’t always need specific qualifications or experience for this role. But you should have certain personal qualities such as putting other people first and having the right values, behaviours and attitudes needed to help make a difference to people’s lives.
SALARY: £9.52 per Hour + Generous Benefits (see below)
LOCATION: Newcastle, Tyne and Wear, North East England
JOB TYPE: Full-Time and Part-Time, Permanent Positions Available
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Residential Support Worker who is caring, supportive and patient with the ability to work well in a team and build positive relationships.
Working as a Residential Support Worker you will deliver a high standard of care to adults with autism, which will involve developing positive relationships with the adults in your care and supporting them to be as independent as possible.
Working as the Residential Support Worker you will help individuals in areas of recreation, leisure and social skills, education, relationships and lifestyle planning, structured activities and overall wellbeing. Don’t worry if this is all new to you as the organisation will provide full training with opportunities to complete a nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma.
As the Residential Support Worker you will have the following qualities:
- Able to be caring, sensitive and patient while supporting people to be as independent as possible
- Keen to work with the people the organisation supports and demonstrate empathy and compassion
- Enthusiasm to make a difference to people’s lives
- The ability to read and write well enough to understand guidelines, policies and records etc.
- Experience of completing records yourself
- Ability to listen, understand and respond to people, always putting the person that’s being supported first
- Ability to get on well with people and work in harmony with others, by both challenging and helping people to develop and learn from their experiences
- Ability to be flexible and open to new challenges, ideas and experiences
- Ability to be flexible with shift patterns, including weekends and night shift
The Organisation offers staff an excellent employment package which includes:
- 6 weeks paid holiday increasing to 8 weeks
- Company Pension Scheme/Life Assurance
- Enhanced DBS check paid for by the organisation
- Company sick pay scheme up to 3 months full pay
- Intensive Induction with continuous training and development
- Access to an amazing range of discounts online and on the high street
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma
- Excellent Career Progression
Successful candidates will need a satisfactory enhanced DBS / criminal background check with Disclosure and Barring Service
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P8853
Full-Time and Part-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Newcastle, Tyne and Wear, North East England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk