Manufacturing Plant Site Operative who is mechanically minded with a proactive approach to work and willing to follow instructions and learn how to operate safely whilst on site is required for a well-established company based in Brandon, Suffolk.
LOCATION: Brandon, Suffolk
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: Primary 37.5 Hours per Week 06:00:14:00 and 14:00:22:00 with a half hour break Monday to Friday
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Manufacturing Plant Site Operative who is mechanically minded with a proactive approach to work and willing to follow instructions and learn how to operate safely whilst on site.
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor and working closely with other staff, as the Manufacturing Plant Site Operative you will monitor the manufacturing production line, whilst being responsible for housekeeping and minor maintenance of the Aggregate Manufacturing Plant.
Working as the Manufacturing Plant Site Operative you will proactively take responsibility for yourself, following instructions and procedures, without constant supervision and with due regard to safety and operational requirements, to ensure full compliance with all legal and operational requirements.
This can be a physically demanding role and as the Manufacturing Plant Site Operative you will assist the Shift Supervisor to carry out daily, weekly and monthly tasks as detailed in the site manuals.
You will also help identify potential breakdowns with the plant, assist with maintenance and materials handling, to ensure continuous operation.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
- Assist with manufacturing process, driving some mobile plant and carry out minor maintenance
- Work in an efficient and productive manner, without the need for continual direct supervision and deputise in part or full for the Team Leader
- Inform the Team Leader promptly when a task is completed and request instructions for the next task
- Assist the Team Leaders to ensure that all required daily, weekly, and monthly tasks are completed and recorded properly, and to ensure that any shift issues are reported at the earliest opportunity
- Maintain a high level of awareness within the Plant for Health, Safety, Welfare and Security matters and in this respect to lead by example and take a pro-active approach
- Ensure the Plant and site are maintained in a clean and tidy condition, including cleaning of mixers and confined spaces using tools such as pneumatic hammers
- Willingness to undertake training and learn new skills, required for efficient operations, such as operating mobile plant, plant maintenance, first aid, confined space working etc.
- Assisting the Team Leader and other operatives with monitoring and running of the aggregate as it is produced. This is a critical duty to ensure the plant is running material that meets the required size and standard
- Have to ability to challenge others on health and safety and always comply with all health and safety procedures
- Obtain a good knowledge of the plant to gain the ability to fault find and spot potential failings within the production line
- Confident communicator, both written and verbal
- Mechanically minded, practical with a good attitude to housekeeping and cleanliness
- Demonstrable experience of taking responsibility at work and excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Ability to offer ideas and thoughts for discussion to promote improvements in the process
- Clean driving license and a Front-end loader or fork truck license
- Experience within a manufacturing site - ideally the waste, aggregates or concrete environment
- Desire to grow learn new skills, in order to gain promotion within the business
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P9156
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Brandon, Suffolk. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk