Sewing Machinist with the ability to effectively manage responsibilities with minimal supervision and relevant experience working in a manufacturing industry using industrial sewing machines is required for a well-established company based in Birkenhead, Merseyside North West England.
SALARY: Up to £22,880 per annum (depending on experience)
LOCATION: Birkenhead, Merseyside North West England
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Sewing Machinist with the ability to effectively manage responsibilities with minimal supervision and relevant experience working in a manufacturing industry using industrial sewing machines.
Working as a Sewing Machinist you will be required to use your skills and experience of sewing and binding to produce PVC quality weather guards for a wide variety of vehicles.
As a Sewing Machinist you will be handling specialist responsibilities in the Sewing-PVC Department such as sewing, binding, packing, final inspection operation, basic sewing machine maintenance & fault finding.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties as a Sewing Machinist will include:
- Operations through the manufacture of sewing and binding of PVC weather guards and covers
- Learn & perform the basic sewing, and binding skills for all businesses
- Basic maintenance skills to keep sewing machines in proper working order
- Hands on approach, handling specialist responsibilities in the Sewing-PVC Department such as sewing, binding, packing, final inspection operation, basic sewing machine maintenance & fault finding
- The Sewing Machinist: PVC is expected to be able to perform in accordance with Health & Safety Standards
- Undertaking training to self-develop skills in the Sewing: PVC Department including training and development of appraisals, communication, structures by setting & maintaining a team culture
- Liaising with all personnel in Sewing: PVC Commercial, Design, Planning, Production, Logistics, Quality Health & Safety, Cutting & Welding: PVC Departments to achieve set goals & objectives of the business adhering to Health & Safety Standards throughout the business
- People HR, ERP, QT9 & ISO Systems & Processes in the Cutting & Welding: PVC Department
- To assist, manage and maintain the implementation & roll-out of the Quality Management System to all employees & management
- Proven experience in a manufacturing industry and working with industrial sewing machines
- Excellent industrial sewing skills
- The ability to effectively manage all the above responsibilities with minimal supervision, whilst working as part of a close-knit team
- A positive individual with a ‘can do’ attitude and results driven approach
- Well organised and proactive, managing multiple priorities and coping when under pressure
- Friendly, responsive, and professional communication with all colleagues and customers
- Committed, reliable, honest & responsible individual with high integrity
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience using binding, cutting & welding equipment in a previous role would be advantageous
- Relevant experience working in a manufacturing industry
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P8848
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Birkenhead, Merseyside North West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk