Traffic Information Researcher / Editor (Real-Time Data Research Analyst) who has excellent customer service, communication and telephone skills with the ability to interpret data from multiple sources and who has excellent time-management skills is required for a well-established company based in Birmingham, West Midlands.
NO PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED - FULL TRAINING PROVIDED
We have the following working hours available:
- £21,840: Mon-Fri 1pm-9pm (40 hours per week)
- £22,984 Mon-Fri 6pm-2am (40 hours per week)
- £22,698 Mon-Fri 5pm-1am (40 hours per week)
- £24,128 Mon-Fri 10pm-6am (40 hours per week)
LOCATION: Birmingham, West Midlands
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT a Broadcast Role
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Traffic Information Researcher / Editor (Real-Time Data Research Analyst) who has excellent customer service, communication and telephone skills with the ability to interpret data from multiple sources and who has excellent time-management skills.
Have you ever wondered where the traffic news you hear on the radio or see on your sat nav comes from? This is a company you’ll have never heard of, but you most certainly will have used!
Do you have a passion for traffic and roads information?
Working as a Traffic Information Researcher / Editor (Real-Time Data Research Analyst) you will supply real-time traffic incident and congestion data to commercial radio as well as the BBC in the UK and a host of household names such as Ford, BMW, Garmin, and Amazon.
What is involved?
As the Traffic Information Researcher / Editor (Real-Time Data Research Analyst) you’ll be working from the global incident data centre in Quinton, Birmingham, to gather data from information sources including traffic cameras, police, CCTV control rooms, highway authorities and social media. You’ll then use the custom-built incident mapping software to add these and within minutes they’ll be going out to clients nationwide!
Can you deliver quality, timely information, under pressure?
No two days are the same and they work 24/7/365 to keep the public informed of what’s happening on UK, European and North American road networks. You'll be taking calls from all over the country, keeping an eye on hundreds of 'jam cams' and using the latest GPS technology to help keep the roads moving.
As a successful candidate you will join an internationally successful company and provides its employees with resources that are second to none.
As the Traffic Information Researcher / Editor (Real-Time Data Research Analyst) you will have the following skills and experience:
- Excellent telephone and customer service skills – Manage incoming calls in a professional and efficient manner
- Client-focused approach – The company deal with key automotive and media clients; you need to be professional in your approach
- Ability to remain calm and work quickly under pressure – No one likes traffic jams, right? Getting the information out quickly is how they avoid this!
- Interpret data from multiple sources –Watching cameras, using social media, or interpreting GPS data; you need to make decisions confidently even if things appear vague or information clashes!
- Confident phone ability – From calling local businesses, police or CCTV control rooms, you need you to hunt for information
- Prioritise a range of incidents – Accidents, breakdowns, shed loads; you’ll be handling it across four screens!
- Ability to problem-solve – Every incident is different; can you use your own judgement and initiative if something doesn’t seem right?
- Experience using online mapping – Know your Ordnance Survey from your Open Street Maps? Having some knowledge of Microsoft Office would be good too!
- Journalistic knowledge (desirable) – The company needs fact finders; what is happening on the ground, can you dig into the truth?
- Detailed knowledge of Tweetdeck (desirable) – Know your blue ticks from your hashtags?
- Understanding of UK road networks (desirable) – What is the difference from an A road to a B road? Know your Spaghetti junction slip roads back to front?
- 28 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays – Taking time to recharge is important for you and the company!
- 40 minutes paid break – Ensuring you get the rest you need during your workday
- Potential annual performance-related bonus of up to 5% of your salary – The company want to reward your hard work and say thanks!
- Free tea, coffee, cereal, fruit, and snacks – The company go above and beyond just the basics!
- Plenty of overtime opportunities – Need some extra money to treat yourself at the end of the month? They’re always on the lookout for people to extend their shifts or work weekends paid at an enhanced rate - the choice is yours!
- Employee Assistance Programme – Your mental health mental wellbeing is important to them, so they give you the ability to access face-to-face counselling or online resources for you and your family!
- Free on-site parking – No expensive daily charges; you can even get access to free EV charge points!
- Free eye test – The company want you to take care of your eyes with a free yearly test and contribution towards glasses if needed for DSE use
- Potential for hybrid working – Become one of the top performers and unlock the ability to hybrid-work in their new scheme
By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P8789
Full-Time Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Birmingham, West Midlands. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk