Purchasing Manager who has extensive experience in procurement, purchasing or supply chain management, with strong analytical skills in sales and operations planning is required to join our team at Alphagary.
SALARY: Competitive + Bonus + Private Healthcare
LOCATION: This position covers the two UK manufacturing facilities in Melton Mowbray and Chinley, Derbyshire - candidates can be based at either site
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Purchasing Manager who has extensive experience in procurement, purchasing or supply chain management, with strong analytic skills in sales and operations planning.
As the Purchasing Manager you will lead the function across Alphagary’s two UK manufacturing facilities. You will utilise your knowledge of supply chain and purchasing processes and work closely with production to ensure all plants can meet customer needs and adapt to changes in order priorities quickly.
Working as the Purchasing Manager your responsibilities will include vendor management, contract negotiation, sales & operations planning, team leadership, process metrics and reporting and process improvement.
If this job looks like your ideal position and want to join a team of 22,000 employees worldwide, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Alphagary is part of the Orbia group, a community of companies working together to tackle some of the world's most complex challenges. Alphagary formulates and manufactures specialty compounds, stabilizers, plasticizers and colorants. We work with a diverse range of polymers to create materials that are specifically targeted for durable, high-performance and sustainable applications in healthcare, communications, energy, building & construction, water transport, consumer goods, transportation, food contact and various other functional products. We are obsessed with safety, driven by ethics, and laser-focused on sustainable activities at our plants, with our products and for our people.
Your duties as the Purchasing Manager include:
- Vendor Management. Manage, plan and implement vendor and sourcing strategies to ensure materials meet production needs in both quality and quantity. Develop or implement procedures and systems to evaluate and select suppliers
- Contract Negotiation and Management. Develop and recommend ways of reducing agreed material purchasing costs and ensure supply contracts are negotiated in line with Orbia and Alphagary purchasing strategy and policies. Analyse and implement ways of improving cost effectiveness, methods, and stock levels while maintaining quality and consistency of finished goods
- Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP). Match Supply to Demand. Work closely with production and sales schedules on a daily basis to determine short- and long-range customer needs. Analyse and adjust orders and shipments based on customer priority and outside supply chain impacts. Build and adjust forecasts to determine best vendor match to supply scheduling needs as priorities shift
- Team Leadership. Develop and manage the UK purchasing team. Ensure direct reports understand corporate policies and strategies, organisational needs and individual performance expectations
- Process Metrics, Reporting. Monitor and document physical supply chain processes, such as workflows, cycle times, position responsibilities, and system flows
- Inform the Global Procurement Director and Operations Director – UK of all aspects of operations, costs and performance so that timely, effective corrective action is taken where performance/standards or costs deviate from necessary and acceptable levels
- Process Improvement. Work closely with the Global Procurement team on both Alphagary and Orbia-wide initiatives to improve inventory, cost, vendor management and supply chain processes
- Recommend and implement best practices utilising MRO purchasing practices to assist volume discounting, preferred customer status and other initiatives to improve delivery times and drive cost efficiencies across all companies
- Analyse ways to reduce manual processes and/or outsource procurement functions
We are looking for someone who has:
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent
- Extensive experience in procurement, purchasing or supply chain management, preferably utilising SAP
- Knowledge of polymer industry or Engineered Design products a plus
- Experience in a high-customisation, “made to order” business model a big plus
- Demonstrated success establishing sourcing strategies, negotiating long-term, high-value contracts and managing multiple complex programs
- Strong analytic skills in sales and operations planning including developing forecasting models for supply and demand economic impacts
- Deep knowledge of sourcing practices, tools, relevant systems implementation
- Experience working in a fast-moving, complex global environment
- Some remote work is feasible for this position, but a strong in-person presence at our plants is needed for close collaboration
Why choose Alphagary?
Advancing Life - You see and touch our durable, high-performance and sustainable materials everywhere, every day
Keeping You Safe - Our culture of safety is dynamic and deliberate. Our greatest asset are our people
Values that Matter - Embracing Diversity, Taking Responsibility, Being Brave
Hands-on Training -You’ll receive on-the-job training and guidance to keep you learning and gaining highly marketable skills
Like many of your teammates here, you won’t just be building up job skills – you’ll be building a career!
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details.
JOB REF: AWDO-P8840
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of alphagary