Young Carers in Schools Programme Officer with previous experience of partnership working with multiple organisations from education to local authorities, health boards and third sector / charities is required for a well-established Charity.
SALARY: £19,048 - £26,000 per annum
LOCATION: Newport, Monmouthshire, Wales
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 37 Hours per Week
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Young Carers in Schools Programme Officer with previous experience of partnership working with multiple organisations from education to local authorities, health boards and third sector / charities.
Working as a Young Carers in Schools Programme Officer you will be required to coordinate and develop the delivery of the Young Carers in Schools Programme within the formal education settings, across Gwent.
As a Young Carers in Schools Programme Officer your aim will be to support interested schools to implement the Programme and gain organisation’s award at the appropriate level, for example; The Basics, Beyond the Basics and Best Practice.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties as a Young Carers in Schools Programme Officer will include:
- Undertake research amongst schools to identify interest in the Young Carers in Schools Programme
- Support schools to implement the Programme, gather evidence and create portfolios to be presented at the Peer Review Panel
- Deliver presentations and attend events as required to promote the Programme
- Deliver young carers awareness training for Teachers, Governors and support / educating staff as required
- Host Peer Review Panel meetings as and when required
- Monitor and evaluate service quality including user feedback
- To be committed to safeguarding and promoting the rights and welfare of carers and the people they care for
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality by contributing to the maintenance and future achievements within the Quality Award process and other standards
- Contribute to the organisation’s public profile and influence / foster good relations with statutory and voluntary bodies
- Experience of partnership working with multiple organisations from education to local authorities, health boards and the third sector
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Effective presentation skills
- Ability to manage own time and workload and respond to and prioritise a range of
- competing demands
- Effective networking skills
- Excellent IT Skills, with experience of using Microsoft packages
- A good standard of general education, with a commitment to continual professional development
- A knowledge of and a commitment to equal opportunities
- An understanding of the needs of carers, young carers, people with a disability,
- dementia and people experiencing illness
- Willing to be flexible with their hours of work and willing to work outside of normal office hours when required
- An ability to travel for work purposes
- Experience of working with young people and/or young carers
- Experience working with the formal and informal education sectors
- Ability to communicate in Welsh
- Ability to collect and present performance information
- Ability to represent the organisation in a professional capacity with external agencies and funders
- Qualification in Health and Social Care/relevant qualification or experience (Level 2)
- A knowledge of Health & Safety and Child Protection issues relevant to young people
- Good monitoring and evaluation techniques
- Ability to collate, interpret and manage a range of information, including statistical information and user feedback
- An understanding of the social care sector / market
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P8770
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Newport, Monmouthshire, Wales. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk