Trainee Manufacturing Production Operative / PVC Cutter & Welder who is customer focussed with excellent hands-on skills and keen to learn is required for a well-established manufacturing company based in Birkenhead, Wirral, North West England.
SALARY: Competitive + Benefits (on-site Parking, Pension Scheme, 20 Days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays)
LOCATION: Birkenhead, Wirral, North West England
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 8 Hours per Day (40 hours per week)
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Trainee Manufacturing Production Operative / PVC Cutter & Welder who is customer focussed with excellent hands-on skills and keen to learn.
Once trained, working as a Trainee Manufacturing Production Operative / PVC Cutter & Welder you will use your skills and experience to produce semi-finished PVC canopies and boot liners ready for sewing.
As a Trainee Manufacturing Production Operative / PVC Cutter & Welder you will be responsible for regular maintenance and cleaning of equipment in line with ISO9001: 2015 procedures and using basic engineering skills to keep machines in proper working order.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties as a Trainee Manufacturing Production Operative / PVC Cutter & Welder will include:
- Support company operations through the manufacture of cut and welded PVC canopies ready for sewing
- Support company operations through the manufacture of cut and welded car boot liners ready for sewing
- Support operations through provision of planned and scheduled maintenance services for various assets according to ISO9001: 2015 procedures
- Report back on completed jobs using company management systems
- Investigate problems/providing sufficient details and suggest solutions
- Keep company assets clean
- Learn and perform the basic cutting and welding skills including:
- Lifting PVC rolls onto rack, with assistance
- Velcro PVC sides in preparation for sewing
- Tacking windows in position with the use of a hot gun and roller
- Using high frequency welding machine to finish weld the window
- Cut out and trim excess material from clear PVC window and pass to sewing for final process
- General housekeeping and a small amount of machine maintenance would be an advantage
- Continue to grow in role so that you can run the PVC cutters and mark independently as and when required
- Perform regular maintenance, cleaning and occasional electrical work on all major company assets so they remain operational during all working hours
- Excellent hands on in Manufacturing skills
- Good standard of English is required
- Punctual with good manners
- Common sense & customer awareness
- Team player that takes pride in work.
- Strong communication skills at all levels
- Hard working and flexible
- An interest in Manufacturing and Production is desirable
- An interest in the Forklift truck industry is desirable but not necessary as full training will be provided
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P8762
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Birkenhead, Wirral, North West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk