Process Operator Apprentice who is a strong team player with high levels of independence with excellent communication and problem-solving skills is required for a well-established manufacturing company based in Carrington, Manchester, North West England.
6 Apprenticeship Opportunities Available
SALARY: £16,000 - £28,000 per annum + Benefits (see below)
LOCATION: Carrington, Manchester, North West England
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, 18 Months Apprenticeship
WORKING HOURS: Shift Pattern-12 hour shifts; 2 days (6am-6pm), 2 nights (6pm-6am), 6 days rest
PLEASE NOTE: All candidates must be 18 years of age by the time of starting the apprenticeship due to shift work
We have a fantastic new apprenticeship opportunity for a Process Operator Apprentice who is a strong team player with high levels of independence with excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
As a Process Operator Apprentice you will work within a manufacturing environment to operate various machines during the manufacturing process, ensuring the site runs efficiently and all safety, environmental and quality processes set by the company are followed.
Working as the Process Operator Apprentice you will also carry out daily total preventative maintenance checks on the machinery to ensure the plant is running at its optimum and any anomalies are identified and resolved in a timely manner.
Your duties as a Process Operator Apprentice will include:
- Comply with Safety, Quality and Environment regulations and company policy
- Ensure good housekeeping in all production areas
- Participate in the investigation of events that occur, identifying opportunities for improvements in installations/procedures and putting into practice the actions that are defined
- Form part of the site emergency response team
- Carry out daily Total Preventative Maintenance checks to ensure associated plant is running at its optimum and any anomalies are identified and resolved in a timely manner
- Support the Level 1 Operator in performing the production programme in accordance with production targets, complying with the quality specifications set whilst achieving the greatest overall efficiency possible
- Carry out plant cleaning and maintenance work during scheduled monthly, annual or general downtimes in line with the instructions of the Shift Manager
- Monitor and control all aspects of the paper making process
- Carry out daily work programmes as assigned by the shift manager
- On successful completion of the apprenticeship, candidates will be able to move onto the Science Manufacturing Level 3 Apprenticeship
- All candidates must be 18 years of age by the time of starting the apprenticeship due to shift work
- GCSE’s at grades 5 or above (or equivalent) including Maths, English and Science
- Good computer literacy is essential
- Strong team worker with high levels of independence
- Good time management and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- 24 days + 8 bank holidays (incorporated into rota and included in rest days)
- Pension; 4.5% employer contribution
- Lifeworks (Employee Assistance Programme)
- Medicash Health Care Plans (after 3 years’ service)
- Additional ‘holidays to book’ in line with long service
- Long service awards (starting from 5 years’ service)
By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-C8778
Full-Time, Apprenticeship Contract Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Carrington, Manchester, North West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk