Precision Farming Support Specialist who is knowledgeable of key farm application equipment including Drill and Fertiliser Spreader Controllers and Seed / Seed Rate as well as different types of Fertilisers is required for a well-established company.
ADDITIONAL TRAINING PROVIDED
Successful candidates who have a background in Agricultural Farming Application Equipment, Seed Rate and Fertilisers will receive additional job specific training.
SALARY: Starting at £30,000 per annum + Benefits
LOCATION: Candidates will cover the whole of Scotland and can be based anywhere in Scotland
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Precision Farming Support Specialist who is knowledgeable of key farm application equipment including Drill and Fertiliser Spreader Controllers and Seed / Seed Rate as well as different types of Fertilisers.
Working as a Precision Farming Support Specialist you will be required to provide a start to finish service of precision products.
As a Precision Farming Support Specialist you will also provide support with digital software and manage sales and support for soil products.
The role is a team role, and it is expected that everyone in the team will take a similar workload.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Company is a leading supplier of agronomy advice, seed, crop protection products and precision farming services. Working in partnership with arable, fruit, vegetable, horticultural and amenity sectors, the Company is committed to helping customers manage their businesses more efficiently and more profitably. They are dedicated to the company purpose - releasing agronomic potential.
With roots originating more than 60 years ago, the Company offers a unique blend of local experience, research-based expertise, customer-based knowledge and trusted relationships; practicing values of honesty, integrity and fairness across all aspects of the business.
The Company also embraces care for the wider environment, with an understanding of the important role now played by all those who manage the land, through a range of dedicated initiatives.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties as a Precision Farming Support Specialist will include:
- Providing agronomist support on product knowledge
- Providing customer support throughout your area, including customer meetings where necessary. Also provide growers with result interpretation where required
- Organising precision services which will include maintaining a good relationship with sampling contractors
- Processing precision data, inc. variable rate fertiliser and seed maps, provide variable rate recommendations and create prescription files
- Working closely with the Decision Support manager to help increase sales of services and promote company products
- Learning and maintaining knowledge on application machinery and keep in contact with the Decision Support Manager to ensure protocol documentation is kept up to date
- You will need to have a good understanding of decision support software to be able to guide agronomists and farmers to utilise platforms
- Maintaining and managing general soil samples within your specific teams
- Ensuring all jobs are invoiced in a timely manner, have close contact with precision administration and help where needed with supplier invoice reconciliation. Report back to technical and sales managers with any issues
- Ideally qualified in FACTS and/ or BASIS however not essential
- Must be knowledgeable of key farm application equipment including Drill and fertiliser spreader controllers
- Knowledge of seed and seed rate as well as different types of fertiliser
- Able to maintain personal motivation when faced with setbacks
- The ability to demonstrate tenacity through personal drive and determination
- To be people focused developing strong relationships with internal and external customers
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a wider team
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank holidays
- Private health care
- Bike to work Scheme
- Free 24-hour employee assistance program
- Excellent learning and personal development opportunities
- A company car
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P8836
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Scotland. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk