Music and Media Production Lead / Musician who has a musical background with recording and production experience and has the ability to teach / coach people and volunteers from the local community is required for a well-established Charity based in Chesham, Buckinghamshire, South East England.
Candidates will require excellent music skills, in particular the ability to play a number of instruments including guitar
SALARY: £24,853 per annum + Benefits
LOCATION: Chesham, Buckinghamshire, South East England
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 37.5 hours per week – this role may include evening, weekend & bank holiday working
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Music and Media Production Lead / Musician who has a musical background with recording and production experience and has the ability to teach / coach people and volunteers from the local community.
Working as a Music and Media Production Lead / Musician you will be working with older and younger people, bringing them together in purposeful, mutually beneficial activities. Your main aim will be to promote greater understanding and respect between generations, building relationships between those that live and learn in the same community – but may not have the opportunity to get together.
As a Music and Media Production Lead / Musician your role will be key to engaging community members to build confidence, decrease social isolation and improve the media skills of vulnerable and hard to reach individuals. You will also help to bring in income to the charity through the provision of low-cost music and media classes.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties as a Music and Media Production Lead / Musician will include:
- Deliver free or low-cost music, podcast, streaming and production lessons and groups to members of the community
- Develop and produce regular content for the company podcast
- Deliver free, or low cost, tech skills workshops for the community
- Build partnerships with local stakeholders to deliver tech skills workshops as a way of bringing in income to the charity
- Develop and create policies, procedures, and risk assessments, ensuring the safety of all stakeholders involved in the projects
- Work closely with the Operations Manager and the company team to be reactive to the needs of people using the service
- Work directly with the manager to deliver inter-generational media-based workshops to 100 participants per year
- Develop and facilitate a programme of media-based seminars and clubs as part of the project
- Develop and facilitate a programme of after-school clubs for young people of Chesham
- Support Transformational Tuesdays, by offering media-related sessions for recovery service users
- Be responsible for implementing the company’s Environmental Policy, with a focus on recycling broken or unwanted technology
- Ensure the physical environment is inviting and accessible
- Be responsible for monitoring and evaluating the service
- Regularly produce a report for the Senior Leadership Team
- Promote the service by increasing client uptake by 50% year on year
- Provide outreach provision as required – taking the service to more rural local areas
- Excellent music skills, in particular ability to play a number of instruments including guitar
- Previous experience of teaching is preferential
- Up to date knowledge of media, podcasting and music recording
- Music recording and production experience
- Experience of managing social media accounts
- Experience of recording and promoting podcasts
- Experience of working with volunteers
- Experience of engaging a variety of stakeholders, both internal and external
- Experience managing a caseload/working with the general public
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to listen to the needs of the people
- Natural teaching skills that can be translated to a variety of learners
- A good team player, willing to work across teams to support colleagues in the company
- Flexible approach to problem solving
- Passionate about how media skills can improve lives of those facing social isolation, lack of confidence or struggling with a variety of mental health problems
- Commitment to personal development and ability to receive feedback from others
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P8890
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Chesham, Buckinghamshire, South East England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk