Maintenance Operative with excellent customer care and interpersonal skills who can confidently demonstrate basic competence in Electrical and Mechanical applications is required for a well-established engineering company.
SALARY: £23,000 per annum + Benefits (See below)
LOCATION: Field based covering the Midlands and South of England
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: Sunday – Thursday Nights / 9 Hour Shifts
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Maintenance Operative with excellent customer care and interpersonal skills who can confidently demonstrate basic competence in Electrical and Mechanical applications.
Working as a Maintenance Operative your role will be to assist the case maintenance engineer to safely deliver quality refrigeration cabinet maintenance in line with the required SOPs and risk assessments.
As a Maintenance Operative the main purposes of your role will be to:
- Prevent refrigeration breakdowns
- Prevent refrigeration water leaks
- Improve the efficiency of the refrigeration equipment
- Support clients to be compliant with cold chain processes
- Improve and maintain hygiene standards
- Support the overall refrigeration contract
Your duties as a Maintenance Operative will include:
- Liaise with the case maintenance engineer to ensure the planned activities are carried out to the client’s satisfaction
- Perform case maintenance to the clients Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
- Assist the case maintenance engineer in replacing components and completing fabric checks where required
- Assist the maintenance engineer in achieving efficient solutions to problematic issues
- Update internal systems and complete nightly completion reports capturing all work done and highlighting any issues found
- Ensure all work is carried out in a safe manner in line with risk assessments, method statements
- Ensure all equipment is well maintained, used correctly and safe to use, completing regular checks
- Assist the case maintenance engineer maintain van stock levels
- Assist the business with other maintenance duties and requirements as and when required. For example, provide short term cover for case maintenance engineers when required
- Full UK driver’s license is essential
- Can demonstrate basic competence in Electrical and Mechanical applications
- Relevant or transferable skills and experience
- Experience working with refrigeration display cabinets (desirable)
- F-gas (2079) category 4 (desirable)
- Knowledge of the basic refrigeration cycle (desirable)
- Strong work ethic and the ability to adapt to the customer’s needs
- Excellent attitude and approach to work
- Highly self-reliant, motivated and enthusiastic
- Approachable, open and able to work as part of a team
- Excellent customer care and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to quality and attention to detail
- 22 days holiday, rising incrementally to 25, plus bank holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- Income Protection Insurance
- Life cover of 2x salary
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discount scheme including Gyms
- Introducers Bonus Scheme
- Excellent pension scheme
By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P8907
Full-Time, Permanent Night Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Leicester, Leicestershire, East Midlands. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk