IT Support Technician who has a good technical background and experience troubleshooting Microsoft Windows 10, Windows Server and Microsoft Office with good working knowledge of network management (LAN / WAN, TCP/IP, Switches, Routers etc.) is required for an Academy Trust based in Waterlooville, Hampshire.
SALARY: £21,778 to £24,476 per annum / Grade D
LOCATION: Waterlooville, Hampshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: Monday to Thursday 8am - 4pm, Friday 8am - 3.30pm (52 weeks per year)
APPLICATION PROCESS: We will be emailing over an application form to complete. Please keep an eye out for our email.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an IT Support Technician who has a good technical background and experience troubleshooting Microsoft Windows 10, Windows Server and Microsoft Office with good working knowledge of network management (LAN / WAN, TCP/IP, Switches, Routers etc.)
Working as the IT Support Technician you will help deliver high-quality IT Services to the school community. This may include representing the Trust during visits to customer sites and occasionally providing support for lettings and school events which may be outside of usual working hours, for which overtime as payable.
As the IT Support Technician you will work within a team environment supporting nearly 2,000 users across two schools. In addition to HP desktops, laptops, switches, and wireless access points, the school have Lexmark printers, and run two physical Intel servers in a Hyper-V environment. The team also support projectors, Interactive Whiteboards, Clevertouch interactive panels, the Hikvision CCTV system, Office 365, and modern sound and lighting equipment in the Hall.
The school has a rolling programme of hardware replacement, so you will be working with up-to-date equipment where each building is connected by fibre optic cable. The school is incrementally migrating from on premise services to cloud-based services hosted in Microsoft Azure. They are also preparing to move to Windows 11 in the medium term. This is a varied role, and you’ll have the opportunity to develop new skills.
Your duties as the IT Support Technician include:
- Resolve incidents, answering questions, and actioning change requests quickly and efficiently, or by escalating senior team members
- Maintain the equipment inventory, maintain audio/visual equipment such as classroom projectors/speakers and interactive panels, and work with suppliers to submit warranty claims among many other things. You will play a part in all of this.
Project Support Management
- You will work on several projects, which could range from installing new hardware or software, maintenance of firewall policies for security and to ensure a safe browsing environment for users or maintaining the school network build image for desktops and laptops for example.
As a successful candidate you will join a fantastic team in a varied role where you will be expected to be adaptable, learn quickly and contribute your ideas.
- 5 GCSEs grade 5 to 9 including English and Maths or equivalent
- Experienced in troubleshooting Windows 10, Windows Server, and Microsoft Office
- A good working knowledge of network management
- Ideally, you will either have finished (or close to finishing) a Level 3 Apprenticeship in IT Support (or similar), or have gained Microsoft certifications
- Excellent fault finding and diagnostic skills
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Ability to work with other staff as a team
- Real interest and enthusiasm for working within IT
- A desire to aim for a continual improvement in service, management, and maintenance of IT Services
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to communicate to people of a wide range of technical and non-technical backgrounds
- Ability to meet deadlines. Smart appearance and friendly manner
- Flexibility and a readiness to undertake a wide range of tasks
The following would be desirable:
- Experience of working in an IT support environment
- Experience of working in an educational establishment
- Experience of supporting MacOS
- Experience of supporting Office 365 / Google Classroom
- Basic TCP/IP networks e.g. setting up a home router, WiFi
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure Active Directory
- Experience of scripting, particularly in PowerShell
- Experience of Microsoft Intune
We will be emailing over an application form to complete. Please keep an eye out for our email. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P8906
Full-Time, Permanent IT Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Waterlooville, Hampshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk