Civil Engineering Commercial Manager / Senior Quantity Surveyor with experience within a construction/engineering industry and commercial background, good communication skills and the ability to negotiate and persuade others is required for a well-established company based in Coventry, West Midlands.
SALARY: £60,000 - £70,000 per annum (Depending on experience) + Benefits
LOCATION: Coventry, West Midlands
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Civil Engineering Commercial Manager / Senior Quantity Surveyor with experience within a construction/engineering industry and commercial background, good communication skills and the ability to negotiate and persuade others.
As the Civil Engineering Commercial Manager / Senior Quantity Surveyor you will prepare and manage subcontract and material procurement schedules, assist in cost control/cost mitigation, administer subcontractor/supplier accounts, and assist in the preparation of project final accounts.
The Civil Engineering Commercial Manager / Senior Quantity Surveyor will have experience of RC Frames and General Civils. NEC experience would be an advantage.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties as a Civil Engineering Commercial Manager / Senior Quantity Surveyor will include:
- Preparation and management of subcontract and material procurement schedules
- Preparation of internal commercial reporting and any other reports which may be required
- Preparation of valuations/applications for payment with supporting documentation in accordance with the contract
- Preparation of Cost Reports to the Client with contractually compliant supporting documentation
- Administration of subcontractor/supplier accounts from the preparation of detailed requisitions, monitoring and authorisation of subcontract payments through to agreement of final accounts
- Undertake the contract administration, including change management and maintain associated registers
- Identifying commercial risks, opportunities, value engineering and change
- Assist in cost control/cost mitigation
- Use the cost allocation/coding which satisfies both internal and external requirements
- Measurement of quantities in accordance with the standard methods of measurement
- Positive engagement with Client equivalent position
- Assist in the preparation of project final accounts
- Drafting of subcontracts including professional services
- Identification of insurance claims and understanding policy coverage
- Submit payment applications
- Cash Management including WIP control and cash flow production
- Update risk and opportunity register
- Computer literate with strong skills in Microsoft Office Applications
- Experience within a construction/engineering industry and commercial background
- RC Frames and General Civils experience
- NEC experience an advantage
- Good communication skills including presentations and ability to negotiate and persuade others
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P8855
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Coventry, West Midlands. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk