Residential Care Home Manager with strong leadership skills, a passion for adult social care and a track record of developing and motivating teams to deliver outstanding care through continuous improvement is required for a not-for-profit residential care home based in Solihull, West Midlands.
It will be a requirement for the successful applicant to become the Registered Manager of the Home.
SALARY: From £45,000 per annum
LOCATION: Solihull, West Midlands
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Registered Residential Care Home Manager with strong leadership skills, a passion for adult social care and a track record of developing and motivating teams to deliver outstanding care through continuous improvement.
As the Residential Care Home Manager you will accountable for the overall performance of the home whilst ensuring regulatory compliance. In addition, you would be expected to develop and maintain positive internal and external relationships and be a true ambassador for the organisation.
The Residential Care Home Manager would be expected to lead, inspire and engage their team to deliver an outstanding quality of care and support to residents, enabling them to enjoy a good quality of life in their later years.
The organisation is looking for a confident communicator with a compassionate and resilient nature. They have strong values, a supportive culture and a commitment to the safety and wellbeing of employees and residents. In addition to the Residential care facility (43 beds), the organisation also operates a day centre and has some sheltered housing accommodation.
The Residential Care Home Manager will work alongside highly motivated colleagues in an environment of strong teamwork.
This is a rewarding role which will give the successful applicant the opportunity to feel that they have made a positive difference to the lives of the residents.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Essential requirements of the Residential Care Home Manager:
- NVQ in Care level 4 or 5 consistent with CQC requirements for a registered manager role
- Has completed relevant mandatory training (e.g. safeguarding, manual handling etc)
- Proven management experience within relevant residential care setting
- Experience of working with people with complex needs
- Experience of dealing with health care professionals and external agencies (including CQC)
- Experience of assessment, care planning & review
- Ability to work both individually and as a member of a team. This team includes other Senior Managers in the Home and the Board of Trustees
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate with individuals, staff and stakeholders effectively
- Working knowledge of the relevant pieces of legislation that apply to care homes
- Awareness of disciplinary processes & investigations
- Good IT skills – able to use basic applications – e.g. Outlook, Word & Excel
- Good organisational skills and the ability to use own initiative
- Demonstrable motivational, mentoring and leadership skills
- Ability to support, manage and develop staff and delegate where appropriate
- Awareness of the principles of budgetary control
- Working knowledge of UK Health and Safety Legislation as it applies to Care Homes
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the demands of the service
- Ability to take responsibility for problems and accountability for actions
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P8780
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Solihull, West Midlands. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk