WHY WORK FOR LIVERPOOL CITY COUNCIL?
We want to give our people the best culture and rewards to attract the best people to work for Liverpool City Council.
Liverpool City Council offers some brilliant benefits for working for us. All of these benefits are available upon starting unless stated otherwise. For those on Fixed Term Contracts, Terms and Conditions apply on some benefits:
- Cycle2Work Scheme - Cycle2Work allows you to buy a bike, equipment and accessories and pay it back through your pay over 12 months.
- Discounted Lifestyles Memberships – All people working for the council are eligible for a discounted corporate membership at our lifestyles fitness centres, giving you 20% off a normal membership when you sign up to pay by Direct Debit.
- Attendance Reward Scheme – People who work at the council who have achieved a 100% attendance record in any leave year will be awarded two (pro rata) additional days' annual leave.
- Purchase of Additional Leave - You can apply for between 1 and 4 weeks additional unpaid leave per year (pro rata if you don't work full time).
- Employee Volunteering Scheme – The Employee Volunteering Procedure allows our people to request paid leave of up to five days in any financial year to support charitable work in the community and develop their skills.
- Medicash – Signing up to Medicash and you could claim back the costs of Dental Bills, Optical Care, Alternative and Complementary Therapies, Chiropody, Health Screenings and more.
On top of this, we also offer other benefits such as Drive Time Car Scheme (must have worked for LCC for 6 months), Credit Union, Local Discounts using your ID Card and Contract Parking at Council owned parking facilities.