Warehouse Supervisor / Distribution Depot Team Leader who has previous team management and leadership skills with experience working within a warehouse / distribution depot is required for a brand-new site based in Melsonby, Richmondshire, North Yorkshire.
Candidates must have previous management experience, managing small teams of at least 3 people at any one time.
This is an excellent opportunity to play a pivotal role in setting up this new site.
SALARY: Competitive Salary plus Benefits
LOCATION: Melsonby, Richmondshire, North Yorkshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
PLEASE NOTE: Although you will be based at Melsonby, Richmondshire, you will initially need to travel to the Morpeth Depot to help with re-locating the stock and equipment down to the new Melsonby site. The Company will pay for the additional traveling expenses required to the Morpeth site.
** NEW SITE OPENING **
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Warehouse Supervisor / Distribution Depot Team Leader who has previous team management and leadership skills with experience working within a warehouse / distribution depot.
Working as the Warehouse Supervisor / Distribution Depot Team Leader you will immediately take responsibility for exiting the Morpeth Depot as well as being integral in the set-up of the new site in Melsonby, where the role will ultimately be located.
As the Warehouse Supervisor / Distribution Depot Team Leader, you will be critical in setting up processes and procedures within the site, ensuring compliance and best practice are implemented and maintained whilst giving an outstanding service to customers and suppliers.
As a successful candidate you will have a great opportunity to join this expanding Company and play a pivotal role in setting up this new site.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Company is a leading supplier of agronomy advice, seed, crop protection products and precision farming services. Working in partnership with arable, fruit, vegetable, horticultural and amenity sectors, the Company is committed to helping customers manage their businesses more efficiently and more profitably. They are dedicated to the company purpose - releasing agronomic potential.
With roots originating more than 60 years ago, the Company offers a unique blend of local experience, research-based expertise, customer-based knowledge and trusted relationships; practicing values of honesty, integrity and fairness across all aspects of the business.
The Company also embraces care for the wider environment, with an understanding of the important role now played by all those who manage the land, through a range of dedicated initiatives.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible, with a covering letter detailing why you feel you are suitable for the role and your salary expectations, for our Recruitment Team to review. Ideally you should include this information with your CV in one document.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Warehouse Supervisor / Distribution Depot Team Leader:
- Controlling stock investment and availability
- Working in line with company procedures to provide a great level of service for customers
- Ensure supplies are distributed promptly and efficiently within the requirements of Finance, BASIS, poison regulations etc
- Ensure the security of company cash, stock and property
- Maintenance of internal and external standards for compliance including but not limited to BASIS, Water and Fire Regulations, Health and Safety Executive, and Ministry of Transport inspections, Working Time Regulations
- Undertake duties of the safety officer in respect of employee and public in the depot area
- Responsible for the employee lifecycle for all depot members; Recruitment, induction, training, performance, check ins, appraisals, and any employee issues which may arise, using a coaching and mentoring style. You will also be responsible for ensuring all compliance and safety measures are in place for contractors on site
- Organise and manage the work of all depot employees, with the support of the Depot Assistant
- Responsible for the communication channels within the depot
- Build strong and long-lasting relationships with key stakeholders across internal and external businesses
- Maintenance of all company property and premises and ensure high standard of housekeeping within the depot
- Must have a hands-on attitude and be able to work in any area of the depot when required
This role will be based in Melsonby but there will be a requirement to travel to Morpeth regularly in the first few months. Additional travel will also be required to attend training/meetings when they take place.
- It is essential that the successful candidate must have proven people management and leadership skills of a large team
- Previous agri-chemicals knowledge is desirable
- Able to work proactively alone as well as with the wider business
- Ideally, you will have a thorough understanding of the supply chain practices and ways of working along with outstanding knowledge of the Company’s product range
- In addition, a resilient attitude, great communication skills, a high attention to detail whilst working under pressure and a ‘can-do’ approach are required
- A flexible approach to your working pattern and hours will be essential
- Training will be provided as necessary to the successful candidate
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV with a covering letter detailing why you feel you are suitable for the role and your salary expectations, to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. Ideally you should include this information with your CV in one document. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5530
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Melsonby, Richmondshire, North Yorkshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk