Warehouse Operative / Fork Lift Truck Operator that has excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to develop and maintain excellent customer relationships is required for a Global Company based in Royal Wootton Bassett, Wiltshire, South West England.
SALARY: £17,200 - £19,200 per annum (dependent on experience) + Benefits
LOCATION: Royal Wootton Bassett, Wiltshire, South West England
HOURS: Working rotating shifts from 06:00 – 14:00hrs and 14:00 – 22:00hrs (24/7 operation)
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
KEY REQUIREMENTS: Candidates must have a current FLT / Fork lift Truck Licence, proficiency in the use of MS Office (Outlook, Word and Excel) and previous experience of warehousing operations.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Warehouse Operative / Fork Lift Truck Operator that has excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to develop and maintain excellent customer relationships.
Working as the Warehouse Operative / Fork Lift Truck Operator you will work as a member of the Warehouse team to provide support to the Production Operation in a timely and accurate manner.
As the Warehouse Operative / Fork Lift Truck Operator you will be receiving and despatching goods and materials, keeping accurate records using company IT systems as required to ensure stock is delivered to production on time and in full.
As the Warehouse Operative / Fork Lift Truck Operator you will accurately maintain stock within the warehouse completing weekly stock counts and maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
As a successful candidate, you will have a great opportunity to join a well-established Company that can offer excellent career development opportunities.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Your duties and responsibilities:
- Delivering stock to production on time and in full
- Loading and unloading despatch and delivery vehicles, by hand or with a forklift truck
- Ensuring that completed work is despatched on time and via the correct route i.e. DSA, courier, Royal Mail, etc.
- Checking for damaged or missing items and then sorting stock for storage in the warehouse
- Taking goods to the appropriate storage space
- Keeping a careful record of the stock on the warehouse management system, so that it can be located quickly
- Operating a forklift truck to move and rearrange stock and ensure that products are stored safely and labelled correctly and safely
- Organising transfers and loading goods on to delivery vehicles
- Cleaning and maintaining the warehouse as part of the daily routine
- With heavy equipment in operation warehouses can be dangerous places, so following workplace health and safety rules will be essential
- Previous experience of warehousing operations (or similar industry) is highly desirable
- Experience of monitoring, recording and reporting on stock levels and stock control
- Forklift Truck experience (and other lifting equipment) with current licences and knowledge of the relevant Health & Safety legislation
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent customer relationships
- Good IT skills – In particular Microsoft Office with good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Good communication skills, capable of delivering information clearly to others
- Ability to prioritise and manage peak service demands
- Self-motivated and calm under pressure
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4733
Full-Time, Permanent Warehouse Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Royal Wootton Bassett, Wiltshire, South West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk