Solution Mixing Production Operative / Warehouse Operative who can follow processes and procedures with a good level of written and verbal English is required to work in a dual role split between the warehouse and manufacturing facility for a well-established company based in Croydon, South London.
Full Training will be provided on how to mix the vehicle wash chemicals within the manufacturing facility.
SALARY: £19,000 per annum + Benefits (22 Days Annual Leave, plus 8 Days Bank Holidays rising by 1 Day for Every Year Completed, Health Cash Plan, Discount Shopping, Company Pension)
LOCATION: Croydon, South London
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 40 Hours per Week, 8am to 4:30pm
We have a fantastic new job opportunity split between the warehouse and manufacturing facility, for a Solution Mixing Production Operative / Warehouse Operative who can follow processes and procedures with a good level of written and verbal English.
Working as the Solution Mixing Production Operative / Warehouse Operative you will predominately work within the manufacturing facility where you will mix chemicals to produce commercial vehicle wash solutions (Full Training Provided).
In addition to working in the manufacturing facility you will also be required to work in the warehouse storing, picking and packing pallet tanks of vehicle wash solution for distribution and loading / unloading parts, machines and equipment for the engineers. This will involve using the Forklift, a Forklift licence would be preferable but is not essential.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties as the Solution Mixing Production Operative / Warehouse Operative will include:
MANUFACTURING SITE (Primary Function)
- Mix ingredients to produce vehicle wash solutions in line with the prescriptive formula as instructed by the Line Manager
- Decant the chemicals from the mixing vessel to IBC (pallet tank) or smaller containers
- Containers to be labelled as required and batch samples to be retained in accordance with operating procedures
- Maintain the warehouse in accordance with health and safety standards including the rinsing out of the mixing vessel
- Use a forklift/pump truck for transporting/lifting chemicals and other related products
- Carry out site/customer specific requirements for pumping of chemicals direct to the machine
- Work closely with the Stores and Purchasing Manager to ensure that customer orders are met by scheduling tasks accordingly
WAREHOUSE (Secondary Function)
- Picking and packing of parts and despatching to engineers and sites
- Van stocks – process orders, monitor parts not in stock and take appropriate action
- Receiving all goods in and managing any rejection/return processes
- Obtaining proof of deliveries
- Progress outstanding orders by chasing suppliers and updating the relevant department
- Loading and unloading of machines/equipment with use of lifting equipment and a forklift
- Checking of daily despatches and maintaining records of use of couriers
- Allocation of new stock on shelves and on in-house computer stock system
- Update the in-house computer stock system with price/description changes and stock variances
- Assembling of installation kits for new machines
- Completing stock counts of parts and goods as designated
- General housekeeping of Stores and associated areas
- Must be flexible and willing to work primarily within the manufacturing site, mixing vehicle wash solutions, but at the same time willing to work in the warehouse when required
- Must have good verbal and written English skills with the ability to read, understand and follow written instructions
- Physically able to use ladders, lift heavy goods, bend and stretch in order to pick parts and hand dexterity for picking and packing
- Have no physical restrictions in working with chemicals and detergents (with the use of protective equipment)
- Able to work independently and under instruction as part of a team
- Have an eye for detail and an efficient working manner
- A Forklift Truck / FLT Licence would be preferred, but is not essential
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6350
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Croydon, South London. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk