Warehouse Operative / Multi-Drop Delivery Driver who has excellent customer service skills with proven experience of working in a warehouse environment and/or multi-drop driving experience is required for a Depot based in Pocklington, East Riding of Yorkshire.
SALARY: Competitive + Benefits (33 Days Annual Leave including Bank Holidays, Private Healthcare, Pension and Role-Based Incentive Schemes)
LOCATION: Pocklington, East Riding of Yorkshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: Annualised Hours which during the busy season will include weekends and bank holidays. Therefore a flexible approach to your working pattern and hours will be essential to meet the seasonality of the business.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will need a full valid driving licence
Having a Counter-Balance Licence and/or an ADR Licence would be a distinct advantage.
We have an excellent new job opportunity for a Warehouse Operative / Multi-Drop Delivery Driver who has excellent customer service skills with proven experience of working in a warehouse environment and/or multi-drop driving experience.
As the Warehouse Operative / Multi-Drop Delivery Driver your role will be a multi-skilled combination of Warehouse Assistant and Van Driver, the majority of your time will include warehouse duties such as picking, packing, loading vehicles. However you will also be required to carry out driving duties such as unloading on customer premises, delivering goods promptly, ensuring accuracy of each delivery against the delivery advice note.
As the Warehouse Operative / Multi-Drop Delivery Driver you will work in a small team where the expectation is that the highest level of customer service is provided and maintained.
The successful candidate will ideally have knowledge of product storage solutions and agrochemical experience, as well as being confident to use computer systems effectively. You will have high attention to detail, great communication skills and a ‘can-do’ attitude when working under pressure.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Company is a leading supplier of agronomy advice, seed, crop protection products and precision farming services. Working in partnership with arable, fruit, vegetable, horticultural and amenity sectors, the Company is committed to helping customers manage their businesses more efficiently and more profitably. They are dedicated to the company purpose - releasing agronomic potential.
With roots originating more than 60 years ago, the Company offers a unique blend of local experience, research-based expertise, customer-based knowledge and trusted relationships; practicing values of honesty, integrity and fairness across all aspects of the business.
The Company also embraces care for the wider environment, with an understanding of the important role now played by all those who manage the land, through a range of dedicated initiatives.
If this sounds like your ideal job, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Warehouse Operative / Multi-Drop Delivery Driver:
- Unloading and movement of stock around the depot via counterbalance, safely and in accordance with Company standards
- Assist with input, stock control and housekeeping on the IFS computer system
- Assist with customer enquiries and orders both over the telephone and face to face
- Assist in the maintenance of a safe and efficient storage and distribution operation, creating efficiencies where suitable
- Responsible for maintaining the depot in a clean and tidy condition
- Load /drive / unload the vehicle within the regulations laid down by BASIS, statute and the Company
- Use of the company’s Epod (electronic proof of delivery) computer system to record deliveries
- Maintain accurate and timely vehicle records
- Maintain the vehicle in a clean and safe condition. Report any defects found daily and by manners and appearance of self and vehicle
- Work in line with all company operating procedures
- Build strong and long-lasting relationships with key stakeholders across our internal and external businesses
- Must have a hands-on attitude and be able to work in any area of the depot or on the road as required by your depot supervisor
- On occasions there may be a requirement to travel to different locations to attend training / meetings / support other depots
- Ideally you will have previous experience of working in a warehouse environment and / or multi-drop driving experience, with knowledge of safe working practices
- Competent using computer and handheld devices
- Knowledge of product storage solutions and agrochemical experience (desirable)
- Confident to use computer systems effectively
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- A ‘can-do’ attitude when working under pressure
- Full valid UK Driving Licence is essential
- A counter-balance licence and/or an ADR licence would be a distinct advantage
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7254
Full-Time, Permanent Warehouse, Distribution and Driving Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Pocklington, East Riding of Yorkshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk