Warehouse Operative / Loader & Baler with ideally experience gained from working within a busy depot, warehouse, recycling plant or manufacturing environment required for a Global Company based in Antrim, County Antrim, Northern Ireland.
SALARY: £9.50 per hour + Benefits
HOURS: 40 Hours per week over 4 days
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
LOCATION: Antrim, County Antrim, Northern Ireland
PLEASE NOTE: FLT / Fork Lift Licence and Full Drivers Licence is required.
KEY REQUIREMENTS: Ideal candidates will ideally have previous experience working around heavy machinery preferably gained from working within a depot, recycling plant or manufacturing environment. A fork lift licence and a driver’s licence is required. You must be physically active due to the nature of the role and have the ability to lift heavy bags
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Warehouse Operative / Loader & Baler with ideally experience gained from working within a busy depot, warehouse, recycling plant, manufacturing or similar environment where heavy, industrial machinery is used.
Working as the Warehouse Operative / Loader & Baler you will work at the Company’s busy Depot where you will be responsible for securely processing the client material brought in every day, ensuring all the material / documentation is destroyed in agreed timescales.
As the Warehouse Operative / Loader & Baler you will work with the team to ensure the trucks and equipment are ready for service every day. You will also manage and update service orders by using the handheld computer.
Your responsibilities as the Warehouse Operative / Loader & Baler will also involve carrying out general maintenance and cleaning of the baler, static shredder, dust extractor and assist in keeping the general work space clean and tidy.
As a successful candidate, you will need to be flexible in order to cover morning and afternoon shifts as and when the business required.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for unloading paper onto a conveyor belt
- Responsible for operating the baling machine
- Operate straight truck by backing inside the building
- Responsible for the maintenance check of each shredder
- Communicate with Truck Drivers on pre-trip, post trip and repair requests
- Responsible for weekly shipments of materials from the warehouse
- Perform security checks to ensure the branch operations are secure
- Safeguard office hardware and equipment by locking and activating the security system
- Monitor, adjust and maintain balers, shredder, bag houses, and overheads
- Continually inspect containers and write work orders for needed repairs
- Operate forklifts and perform preventive maintenance on forklift equipment
- Perform weekly, monthly and yearly preventative maintenance on all equipment in work area
- Complete a monthly assessment per preventative maintenance task sheet of all overhead systems and repair as needed
- Perform repairs on Bag House equipment as required
- Initiate equipment repairs and write work orders as required
- Use computer terminal to receive and send electronic mail
- Maintain supplies for Baler room operation
- Sweep baler room and docks continually
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Previous experience in a manufacturing, plant or warehouse environment preferred
- A current and valid fork lift truck licence is essential
- A full drivers licence is required
- Demonstrable mechanical aptitude and good problem solving skills when tackling technical / equipment issues
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work rotating shifts, weekends and overtime when required
- Be physically active due to the nature of the role and have the ability to lift heavy bags
- Clean DBS check which the client will arrange
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4654
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Antrim, County Antrim, Northern Ireland. Recruitment advertising and CV sourcing services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk