Warehouse Operative who is highly motivated, organised, PC literate with excellent time-management skills is required for a well-established pharmaceutical company based in Abingdon, Oxfordshire, South East England.
LOCATION: Abingdon, Oxfordshire, South East England
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
Due to the company’s expansion we have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Warehouse Operative who is highly motivated, organised, PC literate with excellent time-management skills.
Working as a Warehouse Operative you will have a varied role which focuses on stock management and movement within a busy warehouse environment, servicing all departments of the company including production, laboratories, and quality control.
As a Warehouse Operative you will be computer literate including (Outlook, Word, Excel and stock control software) with a strong understanding of all warehouse duties and the ambition to work for a company that offers the chance to expand and develop your career in a challenging and stimulating professional environment.
Your duties as a Warehouse Operative will include:
- Be an effective and efficient recipient of goods through a centralised receipting location at the company warehouse
- Managing (GMP) materials (raw materials and consumables) through receipt, sampling and location transfer
- Loading and unloading vehicles
- Ordering and stock controlling of chemicals and consumables
- Re-distribution of deliveries and control of satellite stores where appropriate, including distribution of materials (chemicals and consumables) between company buildings using a company van
- Filling and disposal of bulk effluent tanks on site
- Waste handling and sorting for the site, including documentation in accordance with regulations
- Regular counting and stock checking to ensure effective stock management
- Managing gas stocks for buildings (including bulk liquid Nitrogen)
- Managing specified areas of the glassware, equipment and chemical stores and support Production and Laboratory requests
- Computer literate including (Outlook, Word, Excel and stock control software)
- Attention to detail especially regarding the completion of documentation
- Some basic chemical knowledge on storage and segregation (desirable)
- Awareness of ADR/CDG Road (desirable)
- Ability to complete tasks to GMP procedures where necessary
- Storage of hazardous substances
- Have a good understanding of all warehouse duties
- A Counterbalance Forklift Truck / FLT licence is highly desirable
By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7247
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Abingdon, Oxfordshire, South East England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk