Warehouse Stock Control & Logistics Operative with good organisational and planning skills and good knowledge of Microsoft, WMS and ERP systems is required for a well-established International Company based in Westhoughton, Bolton, Greater Manchester.
SALARY: £24,256 – £27,436 pro rata (depending on shift patterns)
LOCATION: Westhoughton, Bolton, Greater Manchester
JOB TYPE: 6 Months Fixed Term Contract (part time and full time jobs available)
Job 1: 36 hours per week, Friday to Sunday 6am to 6pm (12 hour shifts)
Job 2: Full Time (12 hour shifts) working a rotating shift pattern including days, nights and weekends
** 2 Jobs Available **
** Full and Part Jobs **
KEY REQUIREMENTS: Candidates must be physically fit with good manual handling skills, knowledge of production/technical processes and procedures with respect to SQCDP and good knowledge and understanding of the Microsoft Suite, WMS and ERP systems. A Fork Lift and Flexi Truck Licence would be preferable (training can be provided).
APPLICATION PROCESS: Once we’ve reviewed your CV, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Warehouse Stock Control & Logistics Operative to be responsible for all internal and external movements of goods and materials, ensuring all are processed correctly and reconciled onto the ERP system.
Working as the Warehouse Stock Control & Logistics Operative you will maintain all relevant standards and Standard Operating Procedures relating to receipt and movement material control, ensuring that the physical counts and ERP levels align to deliver 100% stock accuracy, and therefore ensuring that any defects are not passed into the manufacturing process.
As the Warehouse Stock Control & Logistics Operative you will be physically fit with good manual handling skills, have excellent numeracy and literacy skills and have a keen eye for detail at every stage of the process.
The successful candidate will have the chance to work for a company that is committed to attracting, retaining and deploying the very best people, offering fantastic career opportunities.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Warehouse Stock Control & Logistics Operative will include:
- Ensure visual standards for workplace organisation are always maintained
- Comply with all security instructions; to aid security personnel as and when required
- Report HSE/security near misses, as and when they occur, via the tier escalation process
- Carry out safety audits as and when required
- Check incoming materials/deliveries for conformance to standard, ensuring the paperwork is reflective of what is being received, are correctly labelled, and fully adhere to the supplier’s specification
- Manage the segregation and release process of any defect goods in accordance with the Quality procedures
- Ensure all stock returned from WIP areas and direct to supplier are secured in the correct area relevant to that product, correctly labelled and aligned on ERP
- Manage the rotation of component parts for press and other machinery within the manufacturing processes (Impression cylinders rubbers and sleeves)
- Ensure that goods being despatched are to the required standard and match the goods listed on the delivery note
- Ensure stock and component parts issued to press are correctly labelled and fully match the requirements listed on the BoM (Job Bag)
- Safeguard that waste is correctly disposed of (including operating the granulating machine in line with the SOP) and that different categories of waste are identified, segregated and stored prior to removal from site
- Manage mixed ink returns from production in accordance with the relevant SOP’s
- Issuing of stock and component parts to press ensuring quantities required are aligned with the BOM
- Complete checks on pallet documentation to ensure conformity to despatch notes
- Complete checks on equipment within the logistics area
- Reconcile stock accurately on the ERP
- Ensure First In First Out (FIFO) is adhered to when issuing/returning goods & materials
- Ensure despatches / Sales orders are completed to achieve OTIF
- Ensure stock is correctly labelled and matches the identification on the ERP
- Conduct audits to the logistics process to ensure stock rotation
- Support post operational reviews ensuring stock balances with the ERP prior to job closure
- Load vehicles for incoming/outgoing deliveries
- Follow internal procedures for the issuance and return of all stock on site
- Any stock or component parts are available in WIP area 48 hours ahead of production
- Support machine set-up’s by ensuring stock and component parts are ready for press in line with production targets
- Attend manufacturing meetings updating production and Supply chain on the current stock position versus that of Productions requirements
- Issue stock and component parts to the press, ensuring all quantities of stock
- Plan and book the collection of external waste collections through the Shipping Coordinator and Logistics Team No1/FLM
- To always act and behave in a way compliant with all company guidelines and policies, especially those relating to Security, Environmental Health and Safety, Ethics and Code of Business Principles
- To provide cover for other Logistics team members during holiday, training and sickness absence
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Fork Lift and Flexi Truck Licence preferable (training will be provided)
- Knowledge of production/technical processes and procedures with respect to SQCDP
- Previous experience within a Quality inspection role including carrying out quality process/audits would be preferable
- Good knowledge and understanding of the Microsoft suite and WMS and ERP systems
- Proficient in the operation of testing/calibration inspection equipment is desirable (Training will be provided)
- Knowledge of Quality Systems e.g. ISO9001 and experience in a quality inspection environment is preferable
- Good organisational and planning skills; controlling quality and working to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Have patience and understanding with the ability to communicate at all stakeholders
- Have a logical, methodical approach to work and be accurate when taking measurements, recording and inputting data
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Physically fit with good manual handling skills
- Must be observant and have a keen eye for detail at every stage of the process
- Ability to prioritise and organise tasks working on own initiative with minimal supervision
- Flexible approach to work pattern and ability to work shifts as and when required
- Good problem-solving skills
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-C6001
Full-Time and Part-Time Contract, Shift-work, Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Westhoughton, Bolton, Greater Manchester. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk