Warehouse Assistant / Operative who has great communication skills, a high attention to detail whilst working under pressure and a ‘can-do’ approach, with proven experience of working in a warehouse environment is required for a Depot based in Allscott, Telford, Shropshire.
SALARY: Competitive + Benefits
LOCATION: Allscott, Telford, Shropshire – on occasion there may be a requirement to travel to different locations to attend training or meetings, or support other depots
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: Annualised Hours – a flexible approach to your working pattern and hours will be essential to meet the seasonality of the business
** Full Training Provided **
PLEASE NOTE: You will need a full valid driving licence
Having a Counter-Balance Licence would be a distinct advantage.
We have an excellent new job opportunity for a Warehouse Assistant who has great communication skills, a high attention to detail whilst working under pressure and a ‘can-do’ approach, with proven experience of working in a warehouse environment.
Working as a Warehouse Assistant you will report directly to the Depot Supervisor and will work with the whole team to ensure that best practice in the warehouse is maintained at all times.
As the Warehouse Assistant you will safely store, move and monitor stock and provide support for the overall depot.
The successful candidate will ideally have knowledge of product storage solutions and agrochemical/amenity experience, as well as being able to use computer systems effectively. A counter-balance licence would be a distinct advantage.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Company is a leading supplier of agronomy advice, seed, crop protection products and precision farming services. Working in partnership with arable, fruit, vegetable, horticultural and amenity sectors, the Company is committed to helping customers manage their businesses more efficiently and more profitably. They are dedicated to the company purpose - releasing agronomic potential.
With roots originating more than 60 years ago, the Company offers a unique blend of local experience, research-based expertise, customer-based knowledge and trusted relationships; practicing values of honesty, integrity and fairness across all aspects of the business.
The Company also embraces care for the wider environment, with an understanding of the important role now played by all those who manage the land, through a range of dedicated initiatives.
If this sounds like your ideal job, then please send in your CV as soon as possible, including your relevant experience and why you feel you are suitable for the role, for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Warehouse Assistant:
- Responsible for the unloading and movement of stock around the depot
- Assist with input, stock control and housekeeping on the IFS system
- Assist with customer enquiries and orders both over the telephone and face to face, therefore customer service should be seen as a priority meaning a professional manner is required at all times
- Assist in the maintenance of a safe and efficient storage and distribution operation, creating efficiencies where suitable
- Responsible for maintaining the depot in a clean and tidy condition
- Operating a forklift truck safely and in accordance with Company standards
- Maintain effective communication with the team and other depots, central office, agronomists and other stakeholders
- Working in line with company procedures to provide a great level of service for customers (internal and external)
- Build strong and long-lasting relationships with key stakeholders across the internal and external businesses
- Must have a hands-on attitude and be able to work in any area of the depot when required
- There may be on occasion a necessity to drive to our customers to deliver and collect stock
- Proven experience of working in a warehouse environment with knowledge of safe working practices
- Competent using computer and handheld devices
- Knowledge of product storage solutions and agrochemical/amenity experience (desirable)
- Confident to use computer systems effectively
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- A ‘can-do’ attitude when working under pressure
- A counter-balance licence would be a distinct advantage
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6349
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Allscott, Telford, Shropshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk