Waiter / Waitress / Waiting Staff / Food & Beverage Assistant with excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to professionally meet and greet customers in a polite and friendly manner is required for a well- established hotel chain based in Central London.
LOCATION: Central London
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Waiter / Waitress / Waiting Staff / Food & Beverage Assistant with excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to professionally meet and greet customers in a polite and friendly manner.
Working as a Waiter / Waitress / Waiting Staff / Food & Beverage Assistant you must project a positive image of the hotel and company at all times and be familiar and up to date on hotel information such as menu’s, ingredients and drinks.
As a Waiter / Waitress / Waiting Staff / Food & Beverage Assistant you will be required to maintain a courteous and professional manner at all times, keeping dining and service areas clean and tidy and adhere to the standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniforms, appearance and posture set out by the company.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties as a Waiter / Waitress / Waiting Staff / Food & Beverage Assistant will include:
- To maintain accurate record of customer reservations for the restaurants and bars
- Check and accept deliveries
- Verify use-by and expiration dates on all goods received
- Assist in placing orders and requisitions. Complete all necessary paperwork as required
- Keep menus, brochures and other promotional materials clean, tidy and readily available
- Ensure complete and accurate handover between shifts
- To operate a cash register and a computerised point of sale
- Charge bills to room accounts after checking the guest name and room number against the guest list
- Meet and greet customers at outlet’s entrance in a polite and friendly manner
- Present the correct menus and give any explanation on menu items as required
- Give customers accurate information about any drinks offered in the menu
- Promote certain items of food and drinks at appropriate times (e.g. special weekend menus etc.)
- Identify menu choices and record customer orders accurately
- Liaise with kitchen staff and serve the correct type, quality and quantity of food in accordance with laid down procedures
- Serve alcoholic drinks following licensing law and weights and measures requirements
- Prepare buffet displays as required
- Execute table, plated, buffet, carvery, silver, bar and any other type of restaurant service as required
- Clear customer tables, buffets, trays and trolleys of soiled and unrequired table items at appropriate times
- Maintain dining and service areas clean and tidy
- Maintain sufficient stock of clean table and service items, condiments and accompaniments
- Liaise with and assist other departments as necessary
- To adhere to standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniforms, appearance and posture
- Arrive on duty at the correct time
- Attend and participate in departmental, cross-departmental and company training sessions as required
- Accept changes or additions in work hours, which are necessary for the maintenance of uninterrupted service to hotel guests
- To be fully conversant with:
- The current licensing law
- Weights and measures law
- Food Safety Act and Food Hygiene regulations
- Health & Safety at work requirements
- Payment methods accepted by the company
- Credit card Chip & Pin technology
- Menu items and food ingredients
- Wine and other beverage characteristics
- Cocktails and other mixed drinks preparation
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7267
Full-Time, Permanent Hospitality, Hotel, Bar and Restaurant Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Central London. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk