Tutor / Classroom Teacher / 16 – 24 Year Olds and Adult Education with subject knowledge and experience of teaching and working with young people and adults is required for a well-established company delivering Training and Education programmes across London and the South.
SALARY: £24,982 - £27,041 pro rata
Fixed Term Contract: £24,982 - £27,041 pro rata (depending on experience and skills)
Freelance: £19.63 per hour for delivery + Admin & Meeting time
LOCATION: London & South East with some opportunities to deliver online
JOB TYPE: Part-Time, Freelance or 1 year Fixed Term Contract positions available
Role Start Date: Immediate start available
WORKING HOURS: 2 - 5 days per week, 5 - 22 hours per week
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Tutor / Classroom Teacher / 16 – 24 Year Olds and Adult Education with subject knowledge and experience of teaching and working with young people and adults.
Working as a Tutor / Classroom Teacher / 16 – 24 Year Olds and Adult Education you will be a multi-skilled tutor delivering a range of programmes for adults and young people aged 16-24 years old, with programmes covering Customer Service, Employability, Media, Construction, Marketing, Teaching Assistants and other areas.
As the Tutor / Classroom Teacher / 16 – 24 Year Olds and Adult Education you will be qualified, enthusiastic, motivated, encouraging and supportive individual to deliver either Maths or English.
As a Tutor / Classroom Teacher / 16 – 24 Year Olds and Adult Education you will provide a strong pastoral support element and should ideally have some prior experience of working with young people facing barriers to achievement or having Special Educational Needs (SEN), or experience of teaching adults with low level starting points.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your role as a Tutor / Classroom Teacher / 16 – 24 Year Olds and Adult Education will include:
- To plan, prepare and deliver lessons within a curriculum range across multiple venues
- Identifying the needs of learners and adapt teaching methods accordingly
- Preparation of course materials
- Preparing differentiated course and or lesson plans appropriate to the size and type of learner group and make available to the Operations Manager and Lead Tutor
- Setting, marking, assessing and recording of learner’s work in a prompt and timely manner with meaningful feedback and correction of spelling and grammar
- To ensure a suitable induction programme is delivered to learners
- To comply with the quality assurance procedures for course delivery and operation
- To keep up to date with awarding body requirements for taught courses
- To undertake such staff development as may be agreed with the Director of Operations; Operations Manager and or Lead Tutor to ensure the development and quality of programmes
- To negotiate learning goals along with setting realistic outcomes with all learners and record these on the Individual Learning Plan
- Carry out learner reviews and action planning
- To assist in the enrolment and sign up of learners
- To contribute information and attend internal and external meetings
- To recognise and record learner progress, achievement, progression and destination
- To ensure equality of opportunity for all learners, by removing barriers to learning, encouraging learner autonomy, taking into account cultural diversity
- To assess learners and give regular, clear and constructive feedback on their progress
- On completion of the course to provide a review of the course to the Operations Manager and Lead Tutor
- To take part in team meetings including standardisation, training and professional updating
- To take responsibility for the Health and Safety of learners and comply with Health and Safety requirements within the work area and report any concerns to the staff responsible for the site
- To facilitate access to appropriate accreditation and progression pathways
- To liaise professionally with LLC Training staff as well as any Work Programme staff from outside Organisations
- Proven and effective communication skills
- Grade 2 or better consistent teaching grade
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Able to identify and disseminate good practice
- Up to date IT skills particularly in relation to e-learning
- To hold a relevant qualification/or substantial vocational experience Ideally in more than one subject/discipline
- Qualified to at least DTTLS and IFL registered
- Functional Skills Qualification
- Assessor qualification or willing to gain
- Internal Verifiers qualification or willing to gain
- Committed to excellence in teaching and learning
- To commit to the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults within the Centre
- To have the initiative to work well on own and to be an effective team player
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-C7114
Part-Time, Contract or Freelance Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in London. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency