Transport Supervisor (Logistics- Operations – Fleet Management) required with management and team leadership skills for a Global Company based in Brentford, Hounslow, West London.
SALARY: Competitive + Car/Car Allowance +Benefits
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Transport Supervisor that has a solid logistics, operations and fleet management background and great customer service skills.
Working as the Transport Supervisor (Logistics - Operations – Fleet Management) you will play a pivotal role in planning, monitoring and optimising the operational performance of your Team.
As the Transport Supervisor (Logistics- Operations – Fleet Management) you will manage a Team of Drivers, Customer Service Representatives, Administration and Operational Staff. This will involve ensuring the fleet is fully utilised in the most efficient manner, regular vehicle maintenance is carried out and cost savings are made wherever possible.
Your responsibilities as the Transport Supervisor (Logistics - Operations – Fleet Management) will also involve ensuring that the Company’s excellent corporate image is upheld throughout the team and a strong customer service culture is maintained. You will also be tasked with ensuring that Health and Safety standards are met and any additional staff training is carried out.
If this job sounds like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
- Manages a Team of Drivers / Customer Service Representatives (CSR), administrative and other operational staff
- Develops and implements approved training programs in conjunction with the UK Operations Director. These programs will be for all new direct reports as well as ongoing training for existing direct reports
- Manages training and induction for all Drivers and direct reports using company tools such as CSR Handbook
- Manages the process of formal written performance agreements for each direct report in accordance with company policy
- Ensures that all direct reports are managed to required performance and conduct standards in line with company disciplinary policy as required
- Leads direct reports and encourages a positive work environment, with an emphasis on communication
- Encourages strong cross-functional cooperation between all departments
- Recruits, interviews and hires Drivers, admin and other operational staff
- Ensures that all relevant employment checks are done to comply with company standard. This includes background checks, relevant vocational qualifications, driving records, etc.
- Ensures that daily work schedules for the Drivers are prepared and distributed.
- Manages roadside coaching, spot checks and spends time in field with the Drivers
- Ensures that Health & Safety standards and training are maintained and adhered to according to company policies and statutory requirements
- Convenes Health & Safety meetings once a month
- Resolves service problems
- Provides support to the Sales Team as required
- Quotes call-in / purge business on demand and proactively farms for additional business
- Provides clients and potential clients with operational and service advice
- Manages opening and closing of branch on a daily basis and ensures that support for Drivers is provided
- Manages the warehouse, baling and fleet maintenance operations where applicable
- Conducts monthly meetings with Drivers and publishes the minutes
- Manages customer data entry for new service orders on company SAP data system
- Ensures adequate cover is provided to make sure that customer service needs are met
- Manages fleet utilisation and cost efficiencies
- Manages Fleet Maintenance of all vehicles of the Branch
- Controls Driver costs, vehicle costs, console inventory
- Reviews Driver Log Sheets daily and takes
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Must have previous management skills, commercial awareness and experience working towards KPI’s and within a budget
- You will ideally possess a Class II or C+E driving licence
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Experience of managing KPIs and working within a budget
- Demonstrated routing experience is required
- Experience of managing multi-truck fleet
- Fleet maintenance experience
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety guidelines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A clear CRB / DBS check is required and will be carried out by the company if one is not already in place
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4171
Management and Supervisory Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find work in Brentford, Hounslow, West London / Middlesex. Recruitment services provided by AWD online
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk