Transport Strategy Officer who has excellent verbal and written communication, data analysis and research skills with experience of report writing, public consultation and writing policy and strategy documents, is required for a Transport team based in Oakham, Rutland, East Midlands.
This role will suit candidate who have experience working in the following types of roles: Transport Assistant; Transport Strategy Assistant; Transport Strategy Officer; Sustainable Travel
SALARY: £27,741 - £29,577 per annum plus £2,400 market supplement + Benefits
LOCATION: Oakham, Rutland, East Midlands
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
WORKING HOURS: 37 hours per week (flexible hours)
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Transport Strategy Officer who has excellent verbal and written communication, data analysis and research skills with experience of report writing, public consultation and writing policy and strategy documents.
As part of a reliable and efficient team, the Transport Strategy Officer will research, produce, update and oversee implementation of transport & travel plans for the area. You will deliver reports and any other required information for bids & funding opportunities and assist in the delivery of transport related projects.
Working as the Transport Strategy Officer you will have experience of research, collating data, producing reports and working on policies and strategies and will have experience and knowledge of the transport sector.
What the organisation will offer you:
They offer work that makes a difference to people’s lives, a safe working environment, structured salary reviews; generous annual leave entitlement plus 8 days paid bank holidays; local government pension scheme; occupational health service and flexible working policies to enable you to balance work and home commitments.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Transport Strategy Officer will include:
- Work with the Transport Strategy Manager and the Transport Operations team to prepare and implement improvement plans in-line with the government’s latest national bus strategy
- Contribute to the production of new plans and the update of any other existing plans, policies and strategies
- Undertake background research and data analysis to support policy, transport reviews and decision making
- Support in the delivery of sustainable transport and road safety education projects and initiatives
- Assist in the preparation of transport related grant funding bids
- Monitor and evaluate transport projects and their outcomes
- Assist in the delivery of transport related consultations and coordinate and lead in stakeholder engagement events
- Educated to degree level or equivalent (NVQ Level 5) in a relevant subject
- Experience of analysing data and producing reports
- Experience of dealing with a wide range of clients
- Experience of public consultation
- Experience of writing policy and strategy documents
- Experience developing and delivering projects
- A keen interest in sustainable transport policy
- Experience of developing grant funding bids
- Experience in monitoring and evaluating projects
- High standard of verbal and written communication
- High standard of numeracy and literacy
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workloads
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates will be required to complete a further online application, which we will email over separately. Please keep an eye out for our emails. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-C6447
Full-Time, Contract Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Oakham, Rutland, East Midlands. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk