Transport / Driver Team Leader that has a Cat C Driving Licence is required for a well-established Company based in Dublin, Ireland.
SALARY: Competitive + Benefits
HOURS: 2.00pm – 10.30pm
LOCATION: Dublin, Ireland
** Category C Driving Licence is Essential **
** Excellent Career Progression Opportunities **
** Training will be provided for ADR Licence **
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Transport / Driver Team Leader that has a Cat C Driving Licence.
Working as the Transport / Driver Team Leader you will assist the Transport Manager in administering, monitoring and optimising a team of Drivers by leading from the front and by example.
As the Transport / Driver Team Leader you will uphold the vision, values and purpose of the Company using your knowledge and expertise to ensure safety and quality are maintained at all times.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Transport / Driver Team Leader:
- Protect and enhance the corporate image through right actions, with respect to clients, associates, other businesses and the community at large
- Develop and maintain a strong customer service and safety culture
- Assists in the responsibility for managing the auto routing system for clients
- Support the transport manager by assisting in training and induction programmes
- Provide positive leadership and encourage open communication amongst customer service representatives
- Help lead the team of Drivers and encourage a positive work environment, with an emphasis on communication and safety
- Encourage a strong cross-functional cooperation between all departments
- Ensure that daily work schedules for Driver’s are prepared and distributed
- Unload and Load vehicles at the end of Driver’s shifts
- Shunt vehicles between two country sites
- Ensure that Health & Safety standards are maintained and adhered to according to Company policies and statutory requirements
- Help resolve service problems as directed
- Downloading of all vehicle tachograph units
- Manage stock for all Drivers to ensure the timely completion of their routes
- Assist in Fleet Maintenance of all vehicles of the Branch, as directed
- Implement truck inspections to meet ADR standards
- Works closely with branch administration team to ensure all paperwork is accounted for and Personal data terminals are synchronised
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Category C driving license is essential
- ADR License would be beneficial, but NOT essential
- Educated to GCSE Level or equivalent
- Certificate of Professional Competence is an advantage
- Focused on career progression and willing to commit to personal development and continuing education
- Conscientious and results orientated - motivated by success
- Good interpersonal skills - able to lead and motivate others by skill and example
- Computer literate with an understanding of routing principles
- Mechanical aptitude with some knowledge of fleet maintenance
- Knowledge of Health & Safety guidelines
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4281
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find work in Dublin. Recruitment and CV Sourcing Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
If you’re happy to commute to Dublin, Ireland we’ll also consider candidates from the following locations: Bray, Swords, Lucan, Rathmines, Portmarnock, Dunboyne and surrounding areas
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk