Transport & Logistics Continuous Improvement Manager with good technical experience in specialist transport and excellent organisational and communication skills is required for a leading service and logistical provider based in Grays, West Thurrock, Essex.
Full-Time or Part-Time Applications Considered.
SALARY: £50,000 - £70,000 per annum (depending on experience)
LOCATION: Based at Grays, West Thurrock but will involve travelling between depots including Heyford and Warrington.
HOURS: Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm although due to the seniority of this role a level of flexibility is required
JOB TYPE: Full-Time or Part-Time Hours would be considered, 6-12 month initial contract period then subject to review. The company will also consider candidates who wish to work on a contract / consultancy basis.
Due to company expansion, we have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Transport & Logistics Continuous Improvement Manager with good technical experience in specialist transport and excellent organisational and communication skills.
As the Transport & Logistics Continuous Improvement Manager you will join the busy specialist Logistics Department, learning how the department operates and understanding the specialist nature of the business.
Once this is achieved, the Transport & Logistics Continuous Improvement Manager role will change to undertake a full review of the department and report back on findings to the senior management team.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Transport & Logistics Continuous Improvement Manager:
- Learn the specialist nature of the sector and specialist requirements
- Communicating with Transport Managers and drivers to ensure that performance levels are met
- Undertake appraisals with all transport staff
- Review the Logistics management / admin structure
- Review Driver utilisation, suggest improvements and agree KPI structure
- Review vehicle utilisation and agree KPI structure
- Review current system and process’s
- Review IT / tracking infrastructure
- Create training matrix and structure for desired numbers for specialist roles
- Set up detailed reporting and provide business intelligence to SMT
- Set up new process for vehicle servicing
- Work with SMT to set budgets and KPI’s against budgets
- Ensure that all areas of administration tasks are completed effectively and maintained up to date
- Assisting team members where necessary and carrying out any other necessary duties
- Have good technical experience in specialist transport
- Have experience working within a transport management role
- Have experience in managing a team and having the confidence to effectively manage staff
- To be able to adapt to specialist nature of works
- Have excellent communication skills and be able to maintain good working relationships with customers and colleagues
- Be able to prioritise works and have excellent organisational skills
- Be able to work in a busy environment and be a good team player
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude and be proactive in their approach to work
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-C6014
Full-Time and Part-Time, Employed, Contract, Consultancy Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Grays, West Thurrock, Essex. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk