Part-Time Training and Development Officer with excellent organisational, time and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities and utilise resources effectively is required for a small but fast-growing Charity that is a world-leader in its specialist field based in Great Horwood, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire.
SALARY: £21,000 pro rata
LOCATION: Great Horwood, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
JOB TYPE: Permanent, Part-Time
HOURS: 24 hours per week, which can be worked over 3, 4 or 5 days
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Part-Time Training and Development Officer with excellent organisational, time and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities and utilise resources effectively.
As the Part-Time Training and Development Officer you will identify the skills and knowledge required within the charity and determine what training is needed to grow and retain these skills.
Working as the Part-Time Training and Development Officer you will provide staff with the knowledge, practical skills and motivation to carry out work-related tasks by delivering in-house training or arrange for a third party to do so. Providing ongoing, long-term improvement of employees’ skills will enable them to fulfil their potential within the charity.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Part-Time Training and Development Officer will include:
Training and Development
- Identify training and development needs through job analysis, appraisal scheme reviews and regular consultation with managers
- Design, develop and evaluate training programmes and materials based on both the charity’s and the individual’s needs
- Consider the costs of planned programmes and keep within budgets; assess the return on investment of any training or development programme
- Develop and deliver effective induction programmes
- Liaise with individual and manager to devise individual learning programmes
- Monitor and review the progress of trainees through questionnaires and discussions with managers
- Keep up to date with developments in training, including e-learning techniques and incorporate these into the training programmes as appropriate
- Take responsibility for exploring opportunities for apprenticeships, funded and accredited training and maintain knowledge of developments which may be of benefit to the charity
Induction and Probation
- Liaise with line managers in order to create, deliver and review induction training for all new employees; ensure objectives are set, captured and monitored
- Support employees and managers during the probation period to ensure regular reviews are carried out
- On completion of the probation period prepare the appropriate documentation confirming the appointment, having ensured that mandatory training has been completed prior to probation being signed off
- Regularly review the Induction and Training programme to ensure it meets the charity and staff needs
- Have a full understanding of the Performance Management lifecycle to assist with appraisals, training plans and objective setting
- Support line managers and ensure that all staff have annual objectives, that are regularly reviewed throughout the year in accordance with the appropriate policy
- Assist line managers in addressing any performance issues which may require further training
- Proven experience in a similar training role
- Experience of producing training materials and learning and development plans
- Experience of monitoring and evaluating the appraisal & objective setting and the training lifecycles
- Knowledge of best practice in the field
- Excellent organisational, time and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities and utilise resources effectively to plan your own work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and appropriately
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to use initiative and work effectively and efficiently without supervision
- Good IT skills and proven ability to use MS office applications
- Highly motivated and a self-starter
- Approachable and able to quickly form effective working relationships
- Excellent attention to detail
- Capable of working as part of a team, as well as able to motivate yourself
- Interested in and supportive of the charity’s aims
- Comfortable working in vicinity of dogs
- CIPD (or equivalent) qualification
- Experience of delivering training to a variety of audiences
- Experience of the creation and monitoring of training budgets to ensure best use of the charity’s money
- Experience of developing externally validated training programmes
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6093
Part-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Great Horwood, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk