Social Care Support Worker / Trainer & Digital Life Skills Facilitator who is confident using technology and either has experience as a Support Worker / Teacher / Tutor or in another similar capacity working with people with learning disabilities and autism is required to support and help disabled people improve their use of technology to access digital / online services such as music / tv streaming services, playing games using their technology etc.
SALARY: £25,750 – 326,750 pro rata (depending on skills and experience) + Benefits (plus 5% Pension Contribution)
LOCATION: South West London
JOB TYPE: Part-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 18 hours per week across 3 days (6 hours per day)
APPLICATION PROCESS: Candidates will be sent out an application form. Please keep an eye out for our email.
Do you want to help disabled people improve their digital literacy?
Technology plays an important role in the lives of people with learning disabilities, and as the Social Care Support Worker / Trainer & Digital Life Skills Facilitator you will help them connect with the world in ways that weren’t previously possible.
This well-established charity needs an experienced and motivated Social Care Support Worker / Trainer & Digital Life Skills Facilitator to plan and run engaging group sessions to teach people how to confidently use technology.
As the Social Care Support Worker / Trainer & Digital Life Skills Facilitator you’ll advise and guide students in their use of devices, helping them communicate, find information, and learn the digital skills to enjoy hobbies like listening to music, playing games, and creating art.
As the Social Care Support Worker / Trainer & Digital Life Skills Facilitator your duties will include:
- Plan and deliver a programme of digital activities to support the students learning goals
- Help students to use iPads, Laptops, Mobile Phones and students own devices, enabling them to develop safe, confident, practical and work based skills
- Develop awareness of sensory preferences and other needs to promote a positive learning environment for individual students on the autistic spectrum
- Support in assessing students learning and digital support needs
- Maintain a record of daily activities
The charity is looking for candidates that have the following:
- You’ve worked with people with learning disabilities and autism, and you understand how crucial it is that they’re not digitally exclude
- You appreciate the power of digital knowledge to positively transform people’s lives and you’re adept and competent using different technologies to help people learn and grow
- You’re self-motivated with the commitment and initiative to think on your feet and solve problems
- You have the energy, creativity and empathy to inspire those around you and help them reach their goals
- Most importantly, you have a strong commitment to making sure disabled people have equal access to all aspects of life
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates will be sent out an application form. Please keep an eye out for our email.
By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7015
Part-Time, Permanent Social Care Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in South West London. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk