Do you work in Retail and have experience as a Visual Merchandiser, Fashion Designer, Garment Specialist, Buyer, Retail Manager, Fashion Marketing / Digital / eCommerce or Retail Head Office / Merchandising / Operations / Fashion Design or other fashion industry related role? If you do, please keep reading…
IS THIS YOU?
- Are you working as either a Visual Merchandiser, Fashion Designer, Garment Specialist, Buyer, Retail Manager, Fashion Marketing / Digital / eCommerce or Retail Head Office / Merchandising / Operations / Fashion Design or other fashion industry related role?
- Have you ever thought about passing on those skills and industry knowledge to help new talent enter the retail industry?
- Would you like to supplement your existing income teaching retail courses on a part-time, flexible basis whilst continuing to work in your current job?
If you can answer ‘YES’ to these questions, then we would like to hear from you.
** Part-Time and Flexible Hours **
** Learn to Teach whilst Continuing to Work in the Industry **
** Teacher Training Courses Funded by the College – No Payment Required **
APPLICATION PROCESS: Once you’ve applied, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
We have a fantastic new opportunity to get into teaching on a part-time, flexible basis for applicants that have worked as a Visual Merchandiser, Fashion Designer, Garment Specialist, Buyer, Retail Manager or within another Retail Head Office / Merchandising / Operations / Fashion Design based role.
Imagine a job where you nurture and develop the next generation of fashion industry experts, culture creators, industry leaders, entrepreneurs, industry disruptors. Imagine a job where you get the chance to make a positive difference and change people’s lives.
That’s what the college does…
They’re in the business of transforming young people’s lives. Not only do they change lives, but their students are making positive changes in the fashion retail industry right now. There has never been a more exciting time to join them.
This leading vocational, industry led college founded by retail giants and based in London is looking for talented retail professionals to train as Teachers and Lecturers on their bespoke teacher training development programme. Once trained you who would then go on to educate and influence fashion’s next generation of students enrolling for specialist fashion courses with the college. The teacher training course is funded directly by the college, so there is no payment required. Upon completion of the course you are expected to be available for flexible part-time work with the college.
The programme combines accredited teacher training, industry relevance, practical hands-on in-classroom placements and commercial projects to immerse you in pedagogy for employability and meaningful careers and the business of education to transform you from industry expert into the best imaginable teacher.
As a successful applicant you will have a great opportunity to learn new skills, gain recognised qualifications and pass on this expert knowledge to you students, on a schedule that allows you to maintain your current job whilst teaching on a part-time, flexible basis.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
The college offer a range of exclusive Fashion courses with unparalleled industry involvement to ensure our students gain the skills and contacts needed to successfully progress to employment.
Supported by and working closely with over 140 fashion brands, the college offer a wide range of specialist fashion Diploma, Degree and Short courses, many of these exclusive to the college, for students of all ages with start dates throughout the year. Their courses are developed to provide our students with a combination of in-depth Fashion Retail knowledge and hands-on practical work experience in the industry.
WHAT TO EXPECT
If you decide to take up this opportunity and train as a teacher with the college, you can expect the following:
- A fully funded, comprehensive industry-to-teaching development programme preparing you to teach in the 16+ and lifelong learning sectors
- Gain a recognised and accredited Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training
- Part-time delivery model combining learning and teaching, allowing you to continue to work in industry
- Part-time and flexible job opportunities available throughout the programme and on completion
WHY TEACH AT THE COLLEGE?
- Over 1700 students on FE, HE and Apprenticeship programmes
- West End location with modern state-of-the-art facilities including bespoke design studios and smart board technology
- Reputable brand with exceptional partnerships with more than 140 fashion and retail brands
- Flexible teaching opportunities
- Work across a broad range of specialisms from diploma level to degrees
- Applicants will need previous experience working in Retail and have experience as a Visual Merchandiser, Fashion Designer, Garment Specialist / Garment Technology, Buyer, Retail Manager or within another Retail Head Office / Merchandising / Operations / Fashion Design, Marketing, eCommerce, Digital, Social Media and Communications, Graphic and Digital Design, UX and UI, Data Analytics, Consumer Behaviour, Global Retail Markets, Visual Fashion Communication and Styling, Fashion Sustainability etc.
- You will also need the motivation to study and complete the teaching training programme provided by the college and then go on to teach classes at the college on a part-time, flexible basis
- Minimum of Grade C/4 at GCSE English and Maths (or equivalent)
- Hold a degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable presenting to individuals and groups of people
- Inspiring and passionate about education and young people
- Collaborative, self-motivated, innovative with creative flair
- Passionate about the fashion industry
- Able to commit time and effort to successfully complete the programme
- Passionate about learning and personal growth
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATION PROCESS: Once we’ve reviewed your CV, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement may also be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-C6369
Part-Time, Contract Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Central London. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk