Trainee Safety Health Environment and Quality Assistant who has a genuine interest in Health and Safety, has a good administrative background and also enjoys working outdoors as well as in the office and willing to learn new skills is required for a manufacturing / recycling plant based in Droylsden, Manchester, North West England.
NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED – FULL TRAINING PROVIDED
Although no experience is required for the Trainee Safety Health Environment and Quality Assistant there are a few qualities you’ll need to be successful in this role, such as:
Happy to work outside - Your time will be split between working in the office and working outdoors. You’ll be working within a Manufacturing / Recycling Plant and will spend 50% of your time outdoors in the elements. Candidates who’ve had experience working outdoors on construction sites, farms, recycling / outdoor manufacturing plants or similar environments will be familiar with the challenges of working in changing weather conditions. Candidates who worked as a labourer / construction worker, farm hand, agricultural assistant or just enjoys working outside who has a decent secondary school education who is also PC literate would be a great fit for this role. However, we will consider all applications based on their own merits.
Willing to learn – The company will provide full training and there will be opportunities to obtain Health and Safety certifications such as NEBOSH, IOSH etc. So you must be prepared to learn new skills and study for these certifications
Carry out office work – Although 50% of your time will involve working outside you must be willing to work from the office too and have good PC skills and ideally experience using Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word and Excel.
Flexible in your duties – There may be times where you need to provide cover for your colleagues and work in other areas of the site, so you will need to be flexible and willing to learn how to operate in other areas of the plant.
Once trained up your duties as a Trainee Safety Health Environment and Quality Assistant will include:
- Provide support to the SHEQ Manager and Officer in day-to-day tasks
- Oversee the day to day running of your assigned admin tasks
- Provide assistance and support to Load Inspectors as required. This will involve monitoring the trucks entering the site, recording the total weight of each lorry and inspecting the timber load arriving to the plant
- Support the maintenance of the internal management systems
- Aid the SHEQ Officer with Routine Quality testing of moisture and sieve analysis including hand sorting and measurement (training provided)
- Provide support and guidance to the department, and to all other functions within the Company as required
- Help facilitate training for the site
As the Trainee Safety Health Environment and Quality Assistant you will have the following skills, experience and attributes.
- Happy to work outdoors in changing weather conditions as well as working from the office.
- Experience or understanding of working within the SHEQ industry is desired but not required
- Computer literate, with knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent attention to detail
- Use own initiative and work autonomously
- Have a genuine interest in Health and Safety and wanting to learn from skilled individuals
- Must have excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Willingness to undertake training and further qualifications highly desirable
- An understanding of safety and or quality roles is desirable however full training will be provided
- Flexibility, confidence and use of initiative are essential, as the role requires quick thinking and the ability to change plans at short notice, enabling the department to offer an efficient and effective service
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P8543
Full-Time, Permanent Trainee Safety Health Environment and Quality Assistant Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Droylsden, Manchester, North West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk