Trainee Logistics Co-Ordinator / Assistant that has excellent administration, organisational and time-management skills is required by a leading on-line B2C business based in Birkenhead, Wirral, North West England.
SALARY: National Minimum Wage, Pension, 20 Days Annual Leave, Free On-Site Parking
LOCATION: Birkenhead, Wirral, North West England
KEY REQUIREMENTS: Candidates will have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will also need to be highly organised with excellent administration and time-management skills as its imperative that orders are sent out on time. Any previous experience working within a similar logistics and dispatch / distribution / Shipping role would be highly desirable (additional training provided)
** On the Job Training Provided **
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Trainee Logistics Co-Ordinator / Assistant that has excellent administration, organisational and time-management skills.
Working as the Trainee Logistics Co-Ordinator / Assistant you will be the first point of contact for on-line orders and product enquiries.
Working as the Trainee Logistics Co-Ordinator / Assistant you will manage the complete logistical needs of the business. This will involve monitoring order progress and liaising closely with internal departments and third party courier companies to ensure deliveries are scheduled and dispatched within agreed timescales.
As the Trainee Logistics Co-Ordinator / Assistant you will serve as a link between the Production Department and the Customer Service Department providing real-time information on order progress.
The role is responsible for delivering an excellent and timely service primarily to the Customer Service Department. This will be achieved by liaising internally with all other Operational Departments ensuring you have first-hand information on all orders from scheduling to despatch. You will also communicate with customers requiring updates on order tracking status.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Trainee Logistics Co-Ordinator / Assistant:
- Weekly creation of a production order schedule which meets the agreed delivery date and prioritise urgent orders
- Print and Distribute job cards (printed by customer service) to the Production Team according to order type and urgency
- Attend daily morning meeting with production to have an update on orders progress, communicate any changes to existing and issued order job cards in real time and communicate any operational information back to Customer Service
- Daily monitoring of order progress to ensure all orders are timely dispatched highlighting any late orders and providing the relevant feedback to Customer Service
- Chase orders and make sure they are completed before Courier collection and eliminate packing and despatch
- Daily order kit preparation which involves printing and minor item assembly
- Carry out the packing preparation and complete order packing
- Despatch of all orders using courier websites and company’s e-commerce website which triggers an e-mail notification to customers including a consignment number
- Liaise with courier companies for any consignments issues (missing/delayed deliveries)
- Scanning and filing despatched orders
- Implementing operation procedures (SOP) in order to improve efficiency and access to order information
- Occasional cover for other related customer service tasks for which training will be provided on order and customer telephone and e-mail enquiries
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent customer service, administration, organisation, time-management and communication skills
- The ability to effectively manage all the above responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Managing multiple priorities and coping when under pressure
- Accurate and effective use of a company ERP or database System (desirable – training will be provided)
- Excellent team work and co-operation skills
- The ability to work as part of a team and under pressure in busy times
- Good literacy, numeracy and verbal communication skills and IT literate
- A positive individual with a ‘can do’, results driven approach and attitude
- Keen to develop and learn new skills
- An effective and confident communicator who listens and is able to express themselves clearly
- Friendly, responsive and professional communication with all colleagues and customers
- Committed, reliable, responsible, and honest with high integrity
- Welcomes change, and has a flexible approach and able to adapt in order to deal with various demands of the business
- Meeting the training and development requirements of the job role
- Flexibility to support other areas of the business as and when needed
- Proven experience within a Production Scheduling, Logistics environment, as well as administration skills
- Experience in online / e-commerce B2C environments
- Previous exposure to e-commerce web sites
- Strong GCSE results with ‘C’ or above in Maths and English (or equivalent)
- Computing Qualification is desirable
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P3865
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Recruitment in Birkenhead, Wirral, North West England
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk