Trainee IT Support Engineer / First Line Technician who will work as part of a team to support the IT functions with effective IT support of over 300 office and remote users, the configuration of IT hardware and software and deal with first line support tickets is required for well-established company based in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, East Midlands.
NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED - FULL TRAINING PROVIDED
Successful candidates will have the chance to train and study whilst gaining on the job experience. There is also an opportunity to work as an apprentice, providing you meet the required government guidelines.
SALARY: Competitive + Benefits
BENEFITS: Full Training, Non-Contributory Pension Scheme and access to the Company’s Health Care Package
LOCATION: Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, East Midlands
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 36.25 Hours per Week, Monday to Friday
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Trainee IT Support Engineer / First Line Technician who will work as part of a team to support the IT functions with effective IT support of over 300 office and remote users, the configuration of IT hardware and software and deal with first line support tickets.
Working as the Trainee IT Support Engineer / First Line Technician you will have a keen interest in IT and technology or previous IT support role and be able to problem solve and make effective decisions.
As the Trainee IT Support Engineer / First Line Technician you will be customer focused with excellent communication skills who can self-manage.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Company is a leading supplier of agronomy advice, seed, crop protection products and precision farming services. Working in partnership with arable, fruit, vegetable, horticultural and amenity sectors, the Company is committed to helping customers manage their businesses more efficiently and more profitably. They are dedicated to the company purpose - releasing agronomic potential.
With roots originating more than 60 years ago, the Company offers a unique blend of local experience, research-based expertise, customer-based knowledge and trusted relationships; practicing values of honesty, integrity and fairness across all aspects of the business.
The Company also embraces care for the wider environment, with an understanding of the important role now played by all those who manage the land, through a range of dedicated initiatives.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Trainee IT Support Engineer / First Line Technician include:
- Supporting remote and office-based workers with daily IT issues and faults
- Configuring, building and shipping IT hardware to replace faulty units or for new starters
- Assisting in the tracking of hardware and software assets
- Maintaining security and confidentiality at all times
- Providing assistance and carry out any other tasks as requested by the Workplace Technology and Support Desk Lead
- Keen interest in IT and technology or previous IT support role
- Awareness of current IT trends and best practices
- Familiarity with and confidence in using mentioned systems:
- Windows 10, Windows Server, MacOS, iOS and Android
- Active Directory
- Office 365
- Hardware fault diagnosis
- Hardware system builds
- Basic IT purchasing
- Asset management
- Multifactor authentication methods
- Cloud services
- IT ticketing systems
- SCCM, MDM, Azure and Linux skills would be favoured
- Maintains personal motivation when faced with setbacks
- ‘Can do’ attitude, demonstrates tenacity through personal drive and determination
- Customer-focused approach
- Able to problem solve and make effective decisions
- Results-driven and innovative
- Minimum AS level or equivalent (essential)
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7347
Full Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, East Midlands. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk