Trainee Field Engineer / Equipment Maintenance, Repair and Installation Technician who enjoys working with their hands, using tools and fixing equipment with good problem solving, customer service and communication skills is required for an established company.
NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED - FULL TRAINING PROVIDED
Do not be concerned if you have no experience. A combination of the right attitude, a hunger to learn and a passion to always do work to the best of your ability will give you a solid foundation to build experience on.
This job would suit ex military or candidates who can use tools and enjoy working with their hands, fixing equipment. This is an excellent opportunity to receive comprehensive training whilst working as a Trainee Engineer.
SALARY: £21,000 per annum, increasing to £25,000 per annum after successful completion of the probation period + Benefits (see below)
A company Van and Tools will be provided once training is completed
LOCATION: Candidates will cover Glasgow and surrounding areas
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: Monday to Friday 08:30am – 5:30pm. No weekends.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates need a Full Driving Licence
IS THIS YOU?
- Are you looking for an interesting hands-on role with no two days the same?
- Are you seeking employment in a new industry? If so, why not make it the healthcare industry!
- Are you fascinated with repairing, installing, servicing and seeing how things work?
- Do you enjoy being out on the road as well as being hands on?
If you can answer ‘YES’ to these questions, then we would like to hear from you.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Trainee Field Engineer / Equipment Maintenance, Repair and Installation Technician who enjoys working with their hands, using tools and fixing equipment with good problem solving, customer service and communication skills.
Working as a Trainee Field Engineer / Equipment Maintenance, Repair and Installation Technician you will join a team based in and around Glasgow and surrounding areas.
As the Trainee Field Engineer / Equipment Maintenance, Repair and Installation Technician you will be responsible for attending maintenance visits and responding to callouts on stairlifts, ceiling track hoists, ramps, orthopaedic beds as well as other types of mobility equipment. In addition, you must be willing to do out of hours call out.
As a Trainee Field Engineer / Equipment Maintenance, Repair and Installation Technician you will have a willingness to learn and keen to get hands on within a new industry. You will take pride in your work and attitude. Any basic experience using tools would be advantageous.
Ideal candidates will be self-motivated and enthusiastic and can demonstrate a high standard of workmanship whilst working with minimum supervision.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
You have completed your training, you have a van, tools and parts all loaded, you're ready to go … so what's next? Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Service, repair, and install and assess within domestic settings across Glasgow and surrounding areas
- Monitor and maintain adequate stock levels
- Completing service calls via PDA
- Ongoing training and skill set monitoring
- Aiming for first time fix and installation completion rate
- Carry out all jobs in a safe and thoughtful manner
- Carry out and organise lift servicing and repairs
- Attend breakdowns and rectify faults with minimal assistance
- Participate in lift installations and refurbishments
- Day to day updates via Administration and Logistics Teams
- Strong interest in an engineering discipline
- Full UK Driving License (Essential)
- Competent levels of written and excellent verbal communication with IT skills
- Good time management and organisation skills
- Confident using Android devices
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills
- Must be flexible and able to work to an out of hours callout schedule
- This role involves daily travel to sites across Glasgow and surrounding area
- £21,000 per annum, increasing by £4,000 after successful completion of the probation period
- Comprehensive training courses direct from manufacturer followed and accompanied by 2 shadowing on the field as well as in house training
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays
- This is an ongoing training position & you will have the opportunity to be made permanent (based on performance)
- Uniform, Tools, test equipment, footwear, PPE, face masks, hand sanitiser provided
- NVQ Qualifications offered once a minimum period of employment has been completed
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P8584
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Glasgow, Scotland and surrounding areas. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk