Town Clerk / Responsible Finance Officer who has previous experience as a Town Clerk or Deputy Town Clerk or other senior manager in a local council or similar organisation is required to strategically lead the Council towards its aspirations.
SALARY: £45,859 to £49,213 per annum + Benefits
LOCATION: Marlborough, Wiltshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
APPLICATION PROCESS: Candidates will be required to complete an application form and the details will be emailed over separately. Please keep an eye out for our email.
The council is seeking a full time Town Clerk / Responsible Finance Officer to serve their special and historic town.
As the Town Clerk / Responsible Finance Officer you will help to strategically lead the council towards its aspirations which includes:
- Taking forward its recent climate emergency declaration
- Working with their principal council on a devolution agenda
- Seeing through the very final stages of a Neighbourhood Plan
- Overseeing two exciting refurbishment and build projects
- Overseeing a burgeoning tourism initiative
- Steering the council through the ever-changing effects and recovery of the Coronavirus pandemic
The new Town Clerk / Responsible Finance Officer will serve a town with a population of circa. 9,000 working alongside 16 enthusiastic councillors all with the support of a team of 14 dedicated staff members. With council elections in May 2021, joining the council now will enable the right person to take a great council into an exciting new phase.
IS THIS FOR YOU?
Does this appeal to you? It’s a big ask and you will be responsible, as the Town Clerk / Responsible Finance Officer, for a commercial and residential property portfolio, managing a budget of just under £750,000 and delivering the council’s vision for 2021–2025. In return, you’ll be offered a generous salary (£45,859 - 49,213 per annum depending on skills, experience and qualifications), a pension package, salary qualification increments, good holiday entitlement, flexible working and more.
- You will have experience as a Town Clerk or Deputy Town Clerk or other senior manager in a local council or similar organisation in the public sector and, ideally, already be CiLCA qualified and/or be willing to achieve that status within 12 months of taking up the role
- You’ll need to be confident, creative, unflappable, approachable, focused, quick thinking, community-minded, a people manager, adapt well to change, be content at the centre of things, but not seek to be the star of the show and a good communicator at all levels
- You are thorough and focused in all aspects of your work, keeping on top of legal obligations and legislative changes
- You are at home with financial accounting and analysis
- You have experience of managing projects
- Your written communication is good whether drawing up reports, policies, strategies, action plans, business cases, press releases or social media posts
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates will be required to complete an application form and the details will be emailed over separately. Please keep an eye out for our email.
CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement may be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5814
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Marlborough, Wiltshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk