Technical Support Engineer / IT Infrastructure Support Analyst who has a thorough working knowledge of supporting, troubleshooting and installing computer Hardware and Software within a MS Windows environment to work as part of a team to effectively design stable and secure IT systems for a leading manufacturing business based in Leyland, Lancashire, North West England.
SALARY: £35,000 to £45,000 per annum + Excellent Benefits (See Below)
LOCATION: Leyland, Lancashire, North West England
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Technical Support Engineer / IT Infrastructure Support Analyst who has a thorough working knowledge of supporting, troubleshooting and installing computer Hardware and Software within a MS Windows environment to work as part of a team to effectively design stable and secure IT systems.
Working as the Technical Support Engineer / IT Infrastructure Support Analyst you will have excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills whilst being flexible, self-motivated and able to manage own workload and priorities.
As the Technical Support Engineer / IT Infrastructure Support Analyst you will have excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties as a Technical Support Engineer / IT Infrastructure Support Analyst will include:
- As part of a team, provide 1st line support to end users relating to computer hardware/software
- Testing and implementation of new/upgraded user facing technology across site
- Documentation of local IT processes/procedures in line with corporate policies
- Management and support (Hardware / Software) of Windows Server / SAN infrastructure
- Ensure compliance with global policies, maintaining HW/SW to approved versions
- Work with internal customers and external suppliers to facilitate introduction of HW/SW ensuring alignment with company standards
- Manage upgrades to local systems in alignment with business / IT projects
- Thorough knowledge of computer HW and SW within a MS Windows environment
- Experience in IT Infrastructure role, some of which within a production environment
- Experience of VMWare, MS Operating Systems and Server Management
- Experience of SAN Management
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, DNS and Firewalls
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Flexible, self-motivated, able to manage own workload and priorities
- Knowledge of Six Sigma methodology
- Knowledge of ITIL Service Management Framework
- Knowledge of Systems Automation Technologies
- Knowledge of SQL Databases
- Knowledge of Windows PowerShell
- 37 hour working week
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Defined contribution Master Trust pension arrangement, provided by Aviva
- Medical Scheme, including dental, optical and outpatient provision
- Professional development is encouraged and supported, such as education programs and (online) training courses
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7841
Full Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Leyland, Lancashire, North West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk