Technical Business Analyst that has experience of creating functional requirements based on true business needs with the ability to understand the impact the projects will have with the wider business and other technical teams is required for a well-established Global Company based in Colchester, Essex.
SALARY: Negotiable + Bonus + Excellent Company Benefits
LOCATION: Colchester, Essex
** Excellent Career Progression Opportunities **
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Technical Business Analyst that has experience of creating functional requirements based on true business needs with the ability to understand the impact the projects will have with the wider business and other technical teams.
Working as the Technical Business Analyst you will join one of the Company’s Software Development Teams where you will liaise closely with the Scrum Master, BA’s from other teams and internal departments, where each team’s agile change capability is setup to deliver rapid system enhancements to better meet the needs of the Company.
As the Technical Business Analyst, you will work with colleagues from other departments within the Company to understand their change needs, producing business and functional requirements and collaborating with Software Development and Test Teams to deliver these solutions.
To be successful in this role you will be required to develop strong system and product knowledge to compliment your analysis skills. You will need to understand and balance business needs with the practicalities of development and implementation. You will work on a variety of concurrent changes so there is a strong emphasis on managing your work-load and time effectively, whilst being responsive to changes in business priority.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
As a successful candidate, you will have a great opportunity to join a Global Company that can offer excellent career progression opportunities.
The Company pride itself in hiring a diverse range of talented people that show initiative, are flexible to change and look out for each other.
Everyone is encouraged to think creatively, challenge the status quo and look for solutions.
Scratch beneath the surface and you will find a business that is solid, but slightly contrary. The Company like to do things differently and constantly seek to evolve.
The work / life balance and well-being of their employees is paramount to the organisation, which you will find out quickly when joining the Company. With social functions between the offices, regular team night outs and charity fundraising events you’ll quickly feel part of the Company.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Technical Business Analyst:
- Build strong productive relationships to create functional requirements that are based on true business need
- Produce high quality BA deliverables such as user stories, acceptance criteria and accurate revisions to existing functional specifications
- Producing these high-quality outputs while working at pace to facilitate a rapid turnaround of value added incremental change
- Work closely with the Software Development and Test Teams to ensure requirements are well understood and issues are identified and managed effectively.
- Identify dependencies between concurrent changes and mitigate the knock on effect of these dependencies to minimise unintended issues
- Demonstrate problem solving skills to identify the root cause of issues and the most appropriate solution to meet the needs of the Company
- Become a trusted expert on system design, processes and behaviour
- Identify and implement continual improvements within your sphere of influence to ensure that the Company are constantly delivering efficient and effective change
- Support the on-going development of the BA Practice, developing standards, procedures, and knowledge transfer
- Keep up-to-date with developments in the wider BA industry to ensure that skills, tools and techniques are current and fit for purpose.
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Have proven experience of eliciting, documenting and delivering high quality business analysis deliverables
- Experience of the full project life cycle, from inception to BAU handover
- Experience of Waterfall and Agile methodologies, delivering incremental improvements to systems and processes
- Motivated by developing expertise in system design
- Highly results driven, with the energy and determination to succeed in a very fast paced environment where the speed of response is critical to success
- Have the ability to combine “soft” influencing, persuasion and consultancy skills with “leadership” qualities that will encourage stakeholders to positively respond to questions, inquires and requests to meet deadlines
- Intellect and gravitas to influence and gain credibility with colleagues and management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, capable of working with people at all levels within and external to the business
- Creative, proactive, logical and innovative – you do not accept the status quo
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality, service and personal ownership
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4209
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find work in Colchester, Essex. Recruitment and CV Sourcing Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk