HLTA / Secondary School Higher Level Teaching Assistant who is inspirational and innovative with good literacy and numeracy skills and the ability to build relationships with pupils is required for a fast-growing Multi Academy Trust based in Stanmore, North West London.
This position will suit either candidates with HLTA status or those with substantial Teaching Assistant experience who would consider undertaking additional training to qualify as an HLTA.
SALARY: £23,823 - £26,221 FTE
LOCATION: Stanmore, North West London
JOB TYPE: Permanent, Full-Time (Term Time Only)
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a HLTA / Secondary School Higher Level Teaching Assistant who is inspirational and innovative with good literacy and numeracy skills and the ability to build relationships with pupils.
Working as the HLTA / Secondary School Higher Level Teaching Assistant you will put the welfare and progress of children at the centre of everything you do and will be able to support students in reaching their full potential.
As HLTA / Secondary School Higher Level Teaching Assistant you will contribute to planning, preparing and delivery of agreed work and support programmes to individual or groups of pupils. You will advance pupils learning in a range of classroom settings, including working with whole classes in the absence of the teacher.
The ideal candidate will be committed in working with students with a wide range of special educational needs including ASD, ADHD, hearing impairment, emotional, social and mental health needs, together with an interest and considerable expertise in supporting second language learners.
The school is looking for a HLTA / Secondary School Higher Level Teaching Assistant who:
- Will work under the direction and within an agreed system of supervision from a qualified teacher
- Will show commitment to working to support and enhance the school's spiritual ethos
- Will enjoy a challenge and be able to motivate and improve a growing school
- Is aspiring to become, if not already, an excellent classroom practitioner
- Is resourceful, dynamic and brings a clear understanding of assessment of learning
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of working with children of relevant ages
- Experience of working with children with additional learning needs
- Excellent level of literacy and numeracy skills or qualifications to NVQ level 2 English and Maths
- Ability to use ICT effectively to support learning
- High degree of energy, resilience and enthusiasm
- Experience of general clerical work/administrative work
- Able to work collaboratively and cooperatively with colleagues
Due to the nature of this role, it will be necessary for the appropriate level of criminal record disclosure to be undertaken.
The school is committed to safety and child protection - an enhanced DBS is carried out on all staff and all applicants will be expected to complete an application form.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6788
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Stanmore, North West London. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk