Systems Administrator who has solid 1st Line, 2nd Line and 3rd Line IT technical support experience supporting Desktop, Windows, Microsoft Apps, Networks and other associated hardware and software is required for a well-established Company based in Port Glasgow, Scotland.
SALARY: Competitive + Benefits
LOCATION: Port Glasgow, Scotland
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
INTERVIEW DATES: Week commencing 30th November 2020
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Systems Administrator has solid 2nd Line and 3rd Line experience supporting Desktop, Windows, Microsoft Apps, Networks and other associated hardware and software.
Working as the Systems Administrator you will support and develop all IT Systems in conjunction with the IT Manager.
As the Systems Administrator, you will have a strong desire for continuous learning through self-development and be motivated to always achieve the best results.
Continued business growth is equal to increased demand for advanced IT technology and the successful candidate will be forward thinking, capable of working independently as well as in a team, and will be technically strong. You will also be able to work effectively under pressure and manage your workload to meet the high demands of the business.
It will be your long-term objective to change the face of IT within the business and ensure that the company has robust, efficient systems upon which to continue to build their long-term business strategies.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a small team, where you will get responsibility and exposure to a wide variety of technology. You will have the opportunity to develop your skills and make an impact.
As the Systems Administrator your duties and responsibilities will include:
- All user and desktop support including Windows 10 and Office 365
- Continual review and development of the IT infrastructure to ensure it meets business need
- Ensure all systems meet the requirements of GDPR
- Server infrastructure management and development
- Server support including Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Group Policy, SQL
- Application support of all in-house systems
- Network and server monitoring
- Network development and support including LAN, WAN, firewall configuration and VPN
- To develop and enhance the use of IT systems to improve efficiency. This includes:
- Investigating current business processes
- Developing and recommending new processes
- Testing and documenting new processes
- Rollout and training
- Develop reports using Microsoft SQL Reporting Services
- Monitor and Roll out Windows Updates to all PC’s, laptops and servers using WSUS
- Work alongside the IT Manager to develop resilient and secure IT systems
- Maintain departmental documentation
- Degree or equivalent in IT
- 1st Line, 2nd Line and 3rd Line IT technical support experience
- Windows 10 and Office 365 support
- Server and Network security
- Microsoft SQL Server Administration
- Network configuration and management
- Firewall configuration and management
- Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Group Policy
- Azure server infrastructure, Azure AD, Azure Site Recovery
- Microsoft Dynamics Business Central / Nav
- Reporting and Analysis tools such as JET, Power BI or SSRS
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV and Covering Letter, including your current remuneration details to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5884
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Port Glasgow, Scotland. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk