IT Software System Support Team Leader working within the Revenues and Welfare system team, who has experience in the management and development of a small team and a relevant degree or professional qualification, with the ability to demonstrate a high level of skill and knowledge in a similar position is required for a local authority.
SALARY: £33,782 - £36,922 per annum + Benefits
LOCATION: Yate, South Gloucestershire, South West England with some remote/home working
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 37 Hours per Week – some evening and weekend work as required
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an IT Software System Support Team Leader, working within the Revenues and Welfare system team, who has experience in the management and development of a small team and a relevant degree or professional qualification, with the ability to demonstrate a high level of skill and knowledge in a similar position.
Working as the IT Software System Support Team Leader you will be overseeing the day-to-day management and performance of the System Controls team, consisting of a System Controls Support Officer and 8 Controls Officers focusing on our Revenues and Welfare benefit systems.
The Finance and System Controls team play a key part in supporting many of the software systems used within the Finance & Customer Services division and the team provide frontline system security and support and carry out key system and financial reconciliations and reporting processes. As the IT Software System Support Team Leader you will be working closely with the internal teams to ensure the System Support Team delivers on key projects and deadlines developing a cohesive working relationship.
Your duties as IT Software System Support Team Leader will include:
- Lead on relevant end of year processing across the Revenues and Welfare service coordinating data releases, testing and live updating which in turn requires coordinating resources, both internal and with software suppliers to meet both council and statutory timescales
- Overseeing a team of officers within Revenues and Welfare system development, ensuring the team stays up to date around wider technical developments and options, offering advice and guidance to all projects that impact on these systems
- Ensure compliance is met with all relevant service level agreements, agreeing and reporting performance against targets to enable high standards of customer care and operational efficiency
- Facilitating regular supervisory meetings with officers in accordance with HR policies and procedures and support the Assistant Manager in recruitment activities
- Lead officer on the testing and agreeing live implementation of system upgrades
- Collation of statistical information and information on the effectiveness of the service
As a successful candidate you will have the following:
- You will hold a relevant degree or professional qualification (or equivalent) and be able to demonstrate a high level of skill and knowledge with proven experience in a similar position
- Experience in the management and development of a small team is essential
- Ability to demonstrate well-developed interpersonal and influencing skills and be able to build relationships and communicate effectively with colleagues and customers is essential
- Work to deadlines, demonstrate a flexible approach ensuring priorities are identified and required outcomes and timetables are achieved
- Good numeracy, literacy, reasoning and report writing skills and be able to understand and interpret complex data sets and recommend solutions and improvements
- Ideally, you will have experience of support for the following IT applications / software; Northgate systems including, Iworld, LWP, blue badge information system, information@work electronic document management system
HOW TO APPLY
Once you’ve applied for this role through this site you will be directed to complete an online application form.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7100
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Yate, South Gloucestershire, South West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk