Property Acquisitions Manager
who has strong appraisal and valuation skills with a solid understanding of professional ethics within the property market is required for a growing and ambitious company based in Cheadle, Stockport, Greater Manchester.
SALARY: Negotiable based on Experience + Benefits (see below)
BENEFITS: 26 days holiday per year rising to 31 days plus bank holidays with service, private healthcare, pension, life assurance, group income protection, great office location with a fantastic team environment.
LOCATION: Cheadle, Stockport, Greater Manchester
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Property Acquisitions Manager who has strong appraisal and valuation skills with a solid understanding of professional ethics within the property market.
This role is suitable for an ambitious and driven person who is looking to utilise their proven track record in acquisitions within the student property investment market.
Working as the Property Acquisitions Manager you will lead the Acquisitions Team to source and secure property investment opportunities in line with businesses objectives and to maximise potential sales opportunities.
As the Property Acquisitions Manager you will play an important role in the growth strategy of the business and will be a proactive, articulate and highly self-motivated individual who can deliver results. A keen eye for detail, a successful track record in identifying and delivering acquisitions, an understanding of market yields and a detailed working knowledge of investment modelling and analysis are essential for this role.
The successful candidate will also be an experienced property professional with an excellent contact network within the industry. You must also be able to demonstrate your ability to develop strong professional relationships with excellent client facing skills.
This is a permanent full-time role based at the head office in Cheadle and whilst the position will be office based there is a requirement to travel throughout the UK as and when the needs of the role dictate.
Your duties as Property Acquisitions Manager will include:
- Identify potential acquisitions using a variety of techniques and strategies
- Place identified acquisitions with existing and new exit channels
- Develop an extensive network of investors and sellers within the market – be the first port of call for any student property disposal or acquisition
- Support the purchase of the investment as necessary through to completion by collating all information and prepare management report on the investment opportunity to present to the management team
- Prepare residential property due diligence to secure acquisitions to legal completion whilst liaising with all of the appropriate teams to ensure a smooth transition between Acquisition, Operations, Project Management and FM
- As part of the due diligence exercise, analyse market reports, property information in data rooms and gather market intelligence relative to target cities to establish whether your proposals are viable
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of all relevant student sector research papers as prepared by Savills, Knight Frank, JLL and create and maintain a database of information on the student market in specified cities
- Report preparation to include rent discussion papers, valuation briefing papers to valuers, agents report reviews, discussion papers to funds, banks, JV partners, and the Board
- Assist in the implementation of a marketing plan in order to proactively source acquisition opportunities
- Deal with other tasks as prioritised by the CEO
- Excellent understanding of the fundamentals behind the UK property market
- Knowledge of the student sector would be an advantage
- Excellent negotiation skills and understanding of basic legal contracts and sales agreements
- Successful track record within a sales/acquisitions environment coupled with the ability to develop a good network of contacts in the sector
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Strong appraisal and valuation skills -good understanding of property appraisals, DCFs and residual development models
- A solid understanding of professional ethics within the property market
- Positive disposition with a “Can Do” attitude
- Team player capable of contributing to a growing and ambitious company
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to negotiate and influence at all levels
- Flexible approach to work, including the ability to work outside of working hours if necessary
- Ability to set priorities and manage time effectively
- Educated to degree level as minimum
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7222
Full Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Cheadle, Stockport, Greater Manchester. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk