Mental Health & Social Care Supported Housing Service Manager who has a good understanding of the housing sector, a range of line management skills and abilities and the vision and drive to develop an outstanding service for clients is required for a well-established organisation based in Folkestone, Kent.
SALARY: £27,800 - £30,693 per annum + Benefits
BENEFITS: Free life insurance, flexible working hours, 25 days holiday per year (increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service) pro rata, company pension scheme (contributions matched up to 7%), access to an Employee Assistance Programme
LOCATION: Covering Dover, Folkestone & Hythe
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 37.5 hours per week
Do you want to use your skills to make a difference to some of the most vulnerable and excluded people in these communities?
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Mental Health & Social Care Supported Housing Service Manager who has a good understanding of the housing sector, a range of line management skills and abilities and the vision and drive to develop an outstanding service for clients.
You will be a resilient and supportive Mental Health & Social Care Supported Housing Service Manager in order to manage the day to day running of the supported housing rough sleeper and community housing services.
Working as the Mental Health & Social Care Supported Housing Service Manager you will be a team player able to lead and develop your staff to deliver forward thinking services that help people recognise their own strengths, recover from trauma and move away from homelessness for good..
The Mental Health & Social Care Supported Housing Service Manager will be confident in relationship and performance management, service review and development with the ability to effectively manage risk.
Your duties as the Mental Health & Social Care Supported Housing Service Manager include:
- Support the development of services in collaboration with the relevant Area Manager
- Management of effective service delivery, including quality assurance structures and systems
- Manage effective risk and safeguarding practice for services
- Oversee and manage budgets, ensuring the service operates within limits
- Proactively establish and maintain effective partnerships and collaborations
- Seek and respond to client insights
- Work with the relevant Area Manager in supporting the development, implementation and management of service(s)’ outcome measurement and monitoring, enabling evidence of need, reach and impact
- Lead on the operational mobilisation and implementation of new services
- Manage the performance of the services, ensuring they meet commissioner and funder requirements, as well as quality standards
- Prepare and present accurate and timely reports to line managers to demonstrate performance and identify opportunities for improvement
- Recruit and develop high-performing staff with the skills and competencies to provide high quality, trauma-informed services
- Effectively manage a dispersed staff and volunteer team
- Manage staff absence and capacity
- Undertake all line management responsibilities including induction, holding regular one to ones and annual PDRs with direct line reports
- Involvement in the effective strategic planning for services with the relevant Area Manager and other colleagues
- Proactively identify service improvement opportunities and implement them to develop the service of the future
- Participate in the charity’s out-of-hour’s on-call rota (KHC/Outreach routinely, other services may be required to cover)
- Relevant qualification in management at level 3 or above or commitment to work towards this
- Car user with full driving licence and access to own vehicle
- Experience of collaborating and working with multiple partner organisations
- Experience of making autonomous decisions to manage teams e.g. capacity planning, adapting models to meet service needs
- Experience of improving and managing services, projects or contracts
- Skilled communicator, able to provide a leadership voice and inspire others
- Ability to work under pressure to independently
- Ability to analyse and interpret management information
- The ability to identify solutions to problems and implement and evaluate them
- Ability to lead and manage a team as well as lead and manage change within services
- Understanding of health and social care landscape
- Knowledge and commitment to client involvement and co-production
- Understanding of client risk and safeguarding issues and application in practice, including associated statutory and practice requirements
- Knowledge of regulatory data protection, governance and risk management requirements
- A positive, self-motivated and enthusiastic attitude to work
- Able to demonstrate autonomous decision making and deliver results
- Ability to work independently
By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7294
Full Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Folkestone, Kent. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk