Project Support Worker who is fun, friendly, compassionate, caring and has a genuine desire in supporting and encouraging young people with learning disabilities to lead independent, fulfilling lives with good administrative skills is required for a well-established and growing community-based charity.
SALARY: £19,500 per annum pro rata (equates to £10,140 per annum)
LOCATION: Guildford, Surrey
JOB TYPE: Part-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 19.5 Hours per Week, Tuesday (9:30am-4pm), Wednesday (10/11am-4:30/5:30pm) and Thursday (9:30am-4pm)
Working hours/times can vary (can include occasional flexible working around evening and weekend delivery)
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the remote locations accessed by the project the Charity is seeking drivers with full licences and access to a vehicle.
Successful applications are subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check.
** ALL LEVELS OF EXPERIENCE CONSIDERED **
** FULL TRAINING PROVIDED **
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Project Support Worker who is fun, friendly, compassionate, caring and has a genuine desire in supporting and encouraging young people with learning disabilities to lead independent, fulfilling lives with good administrative skills.
The Charity is dedicated to creating opportunities and supporting young people aged 16 and over with a learning disability so that they are able to live independent, meaningful lives and become more involved in their local community.
The Charity is a young, vibrant, growing charitable organisation passionate that the people they support have the right to expect the same life experiences and chances as any other young person and they are committed to making this a reality.
Working as the Project Support Worker you will lead and deliver sessions and provide appropriate admin support for the daytime activities programme, which strives to develop confidence, life skills and independence for young people with a learning disability to prepare them for independent adult life. With a varied and exciting programme, including opportunities to explore meaningful work, volunteering and paid jobs the programmes are known for their excellent outcomes.
As the Project Support Worker, you will report to the Programme Co-ordinator. The Charity’s commitment to connecting young people to their community means that all their programmes are delivered in the community, at community venues and spaces.
This role will be based in the Daytime Activities programme and as the Project Support Worker you will be assisting and then leading four sessions within the programme:
- Fit Club (social health and fitness sessions in local venue or outside)
- IT Crowd (group work with an IT facilitator to help develop IT skills, online safety, work skills and produce publications and videos)
- Crafty Creations (group work with an art facilitator to support people express themselves through art, learn new skills and showcase their work with local organisations)
- Cook & Grow (group work with young people managing a kitchen garden at a local venue, developing horticultural and cooking skills).
The Charity often involve these young people in their Disability Works campaign to access different workplaces and gain experience to move onto part time paid jobs.
WHAT THE CHARITY OFFER
- The Charity is committed to equal opportunities and values diversity in its workforce
- Family-friendly, flexible, negotiable hours
- 33 days annual leave (pro-rata)
- Workplace pension and many other great employee benefits
- Fully paid training and ongoing career development
- An employee assistance programme and a supportive and caring team to work with
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5863
Part-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Guildford, Surrey. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk