Specialist Support Worker required. Multiple jobs, shifts and flexible working opportunities available.
Do you have a caring and positive nature with a supportive, calm and tolerant approach and the ability to show empathy?
If you do, we would like to hear from you?
** Multiple Positions Available **
SALARY: £9.18 per Hour + Full Training
BENEFITS: Health Cash Plan, Income Protection Insurance, 28 Days Holiday (including Bank Holidays), Long Service Awards, Workplace Pension, Comprehensive Training, Recognised Qualifications, Free DBS Checks
LOCATION: Derby, Derbyshire, East Midlands
JOB TYPE: Various Part-Time, Full-Time, Night Shifts (Flexible Working Considered)
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Specialist Support Worker.
Being a Specialist Support Worker in the organisation is more than a job; it is about making a REAL difference to someone’s life. This satisfaction of helping others is second to none. This could be more than a job and be a lifelong career and the organisation invite you to join them on the journey.
As a Specialist Support Worker you will work closely with individuals to support them in their everyday life, so no two days will be the same. Duties will include both practical and personal tasks such as supporting the individual to visit family and friends, weekly shopping, assisting with dressing and personal care and administering medication to name but a few.
As a successful candidate you will join an organisation that provides high quality, person centred care, support and enablement for people with disabilities and support needs. They develop services around the individual at all stages of their care pathway from treatment and support under the Mental Health Act, on discharge from hospital under a CTO, to lifestyle support in the community. With over 33 Services covering the UK, the organisation is one of the most trusted Supported Living companies. They support adults who have a variety of conditions including learning / physical disabilities, mental health, autism to live independently in their own communities.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties as the Specialist Support Worker will include:
- Support individuals to stay safe, taking appropriate action to safeguard their welfare and protect them
- Provide individuals with support when needed whilst maintaining a person-centred approach with all aspects of individuals’ support, adapting to their different individual needs
- Support individuals to participate in their chosen activities and to access other services and facilities within their community
- Support individuals to manage their medication responsibly as required
- Support individuals to maintain a clean and safe environment
- Be respectful to individuals at all times, promoting their dignity, privacy and individuality, ensuring that confidentiality is maintained
- Work as a member of a team
- Provide personal care if part of agreed support plan
- Accurately report and record any incidents and accidents to the appropriate persons
- You will need to have a caring and positive nature
- Must be able to be supportive
- Have a calm and tolerant approach
- Ability to work to a rota (a mixture of days, nights and weekends) although flexible working can be considered
The company is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults. They expect all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment are subject to a number of pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS check (which is paid by the company).
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6767
Full-Time, Part-Time, Permanent, Night Shift Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Derby, Derbyshire, East Midlands. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk