Residential Child Care Support Worker with a passion for working with young people who is caring and compassionate is required for a Children’s Residential Home based in Carlisle, Cumbria, North West England.
NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Experienced and non-experienced candidates are welcome to apply as the organisation offer full training.
SALARY: £22,916 - £23,525 per annum + Sleep-In Allowances + Benefits
LOCATION: Carlisle, Cumbria, North West England
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 39 Hours per Week on average - Working Early, Late and Night Shifts (including sleep-ins), with block shift patterns on a rota basis
Flexibility is vital - The organisation don’t have rolling rota patterns and have fixed teams around each child, so you’ll be able to have flexible rota patterns that suit your needs, in as much as the children have the right support around them. Effectively you only work 10-11 days a month and receive a full-time wage. This means you will also enjoy blocks of time off too!
** All Levels of Experience Considered **
** Full Training Provided **
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will require a full manual driving licence and the role is subject to a satisfactory DBS Check
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Residential Child Care Support Worker with a passion for working with young people who is caring and compassionate.
As the Residential Child Care Support Worker you will have the opportunity to truly make a difference to children’s lives providing day to day support and encouraging children to experience the outdoors.
The organisations’ services are designed around early intervention and provide assessment placements, with the aim of supporting children back to their family, or guardianships with a permanency plan.
Working as the Residential Child Care Support Worker you will support children and young people with emotional or behavioural difficulties with complex, sometime undiagnosed conditions. Through your positive outlook and ability to see beyond behaviours, this role will reward your hard work by seeing the progression a child can make.
The organisation looks for people with outdoor education qualification and those without, whilst they have an outdoor agenda their primary work is to care for and support children. They offer full training to those without experience.
About the Organisation
The organisation is passionate about taking their children outside wherever possible and making the most of their beautiful surroundings to challenge and inspire the children. They are known for their unique outdoor learning programmes, as well as their therapeutic activities, and they combine community activities and applied learning with functional skills and a range of different qualifications. This flexibility offers unrivalled opportunities for their teams to design a care and learning programme which the children will truly enjoy, and which will lead to personal success.
Your day to day support for the children as the Residential Child Care Support Worker will include:
- Making breakfast, lunch or dinner
- Helping the education team with a child’s learning
- Create and plan activities, including time outdoors utilising the organisation’s expertise and equipment
- Baking cakes or receiving a manicure! Depending on the child's interests
- Provide emotional support with guidance from the psychologist and therapists
- Work with your team to provide stability and routine
- Complete paperwork in line with the internal processes and regulatory requirements
- Sleep ins – the service is around the clock
- Creative and passionate about working with young people
- Willing to complete Diploma Level 3 if you don’t already have it or equivalent in Children and Young People’s Workforce – The organisation have an in-house assessor who will work with you to enable you to achieve this qualification and apply your learning
- Want to work towards lifelong outcomes for each individual child
- Able to sleep in (average 10 per month)
- Have a full manual driving license
- A 24/7 employee assistance and counselling programme
- Above and beyond recognition scheme
- Full funded training for your CPD and recognised qualifications
- Employee medical benefit scheme
- Access to employee engagement events
- Ongoing continuous professional development opportunities
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6495
Full-Time, Shift Work, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Carlisle, Cumbria, North West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk