Support Worker / Rehabilitation & Orientation Mobility Specialist who is qualified as either a Mobility Instructor, Orientation and Mobility Specialist or equivalent is required by a leading Charity.
SALARY: £26,800 - £28,300 per annum
BENEFITS: 26 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidays (rising to 28 days after 3 years’ service), Contributory Pension Plan, Flexible Benefits (includes: Gym Membership, Travel Insurance, Healthcare and Hospital Treatment Plan, Dental Insurance, Additional Life Assurance, Health Screening, Buying and Selling Annual Leave (up to 3 days), Cashback on Salary (up to 2% of salary equivalent)), Retail Discount and Cashback Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Enhanced Occupational Sick, Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay above statutory minimum, Childcare Vouchers and Eye Care Vouchers
WORKING HOURS: 35 Hours per Week
LOCATION: Office based in Atherton, Manchester covering customers within the Greater Manchester, Cumbria and Isle of Man areas
** Join One of the UK’s Best Loved Charities **
DOGS: You must be comfortable with dogs in the workplace.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Support Worker / Rehabilitation & Orientation Mobility Specialist who is qualified as either a Mobility Instructor, Orientation and Mobility Specialist or equivalent
Working as the Support Worker / Rehabilitation & Orientation Mobility Specialist you will deliver specialist mobility services bringing freedom and independence to people who are blind or partially sighted.
As the Support Worker / Rehabilitation & Orientation Mobility Specialist you will be responsible for:
- Assessments and Reviews: Assessing the orientation and mobility needs and capabilities of customers and reviewing their improvement and outcomes through their training
- Customer Training: Deliver a staged mobility plan in line with the specific needs and capabilities of the customer
- Communication: Working collaboratively with staff and clients of statutory and voluntary agencies to raise awareness and access of the full range of mobility provisions
As a successful candidate, you will have an exciting opportunity to work in a growing and fulfilling environment where your efforts will be greatly appreciated by the Charity and the thousands of people they help.
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
As the Support Worker / Rehabilitation & Orientation Mobility Specialist you will have the following qualification, skills and attributes:
- To be qualified as either a Mobility Instructor, Orientation and Mobility Specialist of Rehabilitation Worker or equivalent
- Knowledge of residual vision assessment and training, vision and hearing, mobility equipment, and complex disabilities
- Experience of working with people who are blind or partially sighted
- Ability to build rapport with customers, gather information and provide emotional support
As this role requires an Enhanced Disclosure Check the start date for the successful candidate will only be confirmed upon receipt of the check.
The Charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children, young people and vulnerable adults with whom they work. They expect all of their employees and volunteers to fully share this commitment.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4421
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Manchester, Lancashire, Cumbria and the Isle of Man. Recruitment advertising and CV sourcing services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk