Support Worker / LGBT+ Community and Young People Volunteer Coordinator with direct experience in youth work and the ability to talk with, motivate and engage young people is required for a well-established charity based in East Kent, South East England.
SALARY: £24,400 per annum + Excellent Benefits
LOCATION: Based in Sittingbourne, covering East Kent
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 37.5 hours per week, 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday with flexibility required
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will need a Full Driving Licence and Access to a Vehicle
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Support Worker / LGBT+ Community and Young People Volunteer Coordinator with direct experience in youth work and the ability to talk with, motivate and engage young people.
Working as a Support Worker / LGBT+ Community and Young People Volunteer Coordinator you will need a good understanding of the issues LGBT+ young people face and be committed to building LGBT+ communities as you will be providing one-to-one support for a small number of LGBT+ young people, and be available to offer advice and guidance to their families (when appropriate).
As a Support Worker / LGBT+ Community and Young People Volunteer Coordinator you will have experience of designing, promoting and managing youth group programmes that helps young people to develop the skills and confidence they need to be active members of the group and their local community, as well as providing the support, understanding or information they may not be able to access at home or at school.
Your role as Support Worker / LGBT+ Community and Young People Volunteer Coordinator will include:
- Recruit, develop and coordinate a team of volunteers
- Establish and facilitate regular local, volunteer supported LGBT+ youth groups, coordinating the volunteer attendance
- Promote youth groups by delivering presentations at assemblies and holding workshops etc
- Work flexibly to suit the project which will include regular evenings and weekend work
- Monitor the youth group’s activities
- Help in the delivery of awareness training
- Identify potential funding streams and, after liaison with the company’s fundraising team, make appropriate approaches to help sustain the service
- Work with the company’s communications team to develop the project’s website
- Work with the project manager to identify opportunities to develop the service in new geographical areas
- Identify appropriate channels to recruit volunteers and apply innovative solutions to this task
- Engage and interview prospective volunteers and undertake all necessary steps in the recruitment process, including the management of references, DBS checks and volunteer agreements
- Maintain accurate and up to date financial and administrative records and systems and assist in the compilation of monthly performance reports and other reports as required
- A full driving license and the use of own vehicle
- Experience of inter-agency liaison
- Experience of mobilising and delivering new services
- Experience of assessment and interview processes
- Experience of working with volunteers
- Experience of following and implementing safeguarding measures
- Experience of working with young people identifying as LGBT+
- Good numeracy and IT skills (I.e., Word, Excel, Outlook and the internet)
- An excellent ability to organise own workload efficiently, balancing face to face work with administration
- An ability to understand and implement professional boundaries
- An ability to implement strategies for coping with aggression and minimising risk
- A knowledge and understanding of the local youth clubs/schools/colleges in the areas
- Knowledge and understanding of the roles of relevant external agencies (Volunteer Centre’s, Social Services, Prison Service, Probation, NOMS, Education providers, Police, other voluntary and statutory organisations)
- A positive, self-motivated and enthusiastic attitude to work
- Excellent communication and influencing skills (written and verbal)
- A professional qualification (or equivalent) in training, education or youth work
- Relevant training, study or qualifications in the supervision and management of people
- Experience of working independently with minimal day to day supervision
- Experience of recruiting and supervising volunteers
- Experience of developing new volunteer roles
- Free life insurance
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing to 30 days after 5 years service) pro rata
- Porchlight pension scheme (contributions matched up to 7%)
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme and trained Mental Health First Aider's
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATION PROCESS: Once we’ve reviewed your CV, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6809
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Sittingbourne, East Kent, South East England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk