PBS Support Worker / Learning Disabilities Support Assistant (officially known within the Charity as a Positive Behaviour Support Assistant) with good communication, literacy and numeracy skills, who is able to work co-operatively as part of a team as well as manage their own workload, is required for Freeways based in Abbots Leigh, Bristol, South West England.
Freeways welcome applications from people with experience as well as those considering their first role in social care and have the right personal values and approach. Staff will be fully inducted and trained in a range of positive behaviour support approaches.
SALARY: £18,590 per annum (to be reviewed in April 2021) + Benefits (See Below)
LOCATION: Abbots Leigh, Bristol, South West England
JOB TYPE: Permanent, Full or Part Time
HOURS: There is a requirement for flexible working including evenings, weekends and sleep-in shifts
** Full Training Provided **
** Full and Part Time Positions Available **
PLEASE NOTE: This role is Subject to an enhanced DBS Check. Due to the location of the service a driving licence and access to transport would be advantageous
IS THIS YOU?
- Do you have an outgoing and enthusiastic personality with a commitment to succeed?
- Are you resilient to work with people who communicate through their behaviours?
- Are you able to put the complex needs of people first?
- Are you passionate about enabling people to have a meaningful life, to have new experiences or develop new skills?
If you can answer ‘Yes’ to these questions, then we’d like to hear from you!
The Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) team at Freeways have a fantastic new job opportunity for a PBS Support Worker / Learning Disabilities Support Assistant with good communication, literacy and numeracy skills, who is able to work co-operatively as part of a team as well as manage their own workload.
As the PBS Support Worker / Learning Disabilities Support Assistant you will help the PBS team support individuals with complex needs, learning disabilities, autistic spectrum disorders and behaviours that challenge. Our purpose-built supported living service incorporating three self-contained flats, is set in tranquil surroundings on the edge of Leigh Woods, Bristol.
Working as the PBS Support Worker / Learning Disabilities Support Assistant you will provide support to our service users, promoting individuality, identity, rights, choice, privacy, independence, dignity and respect through informed choice.
Freeways is a local charity that supports adults with learning disabilities. We are a highly regarded provider of supported living services and residential care. We are passionate about helping people to become as independent as possible by supporting them to make choices, learn new skills and make links with their local community.
Your duties and responsibilities as the PBS Support Worker / Learning Disabilities Support Assistant will include:
- Provide support to our residents, promoting individuality, identity, rights, choice, privacy, independence, dignity and respect through informed choice
- Respond to the particular needs of individual service users in relation to the nature of their learning disability or other support needs (including mental or physical health)
- Contribute toward the development and implementation of PBS plans, strategies and risk management
- Support our service users to achieve positive outcomes and to enable them to participate in their local community
- Work within policies and procedures to administer medication as required
- When required, support service users with personal care, domestic tasks and maintaining their home
- Complete and maintain written records
We support some of the most vulnerable and marginalised adults in our society, no day is ever the same; we are looking for passionate, resilient and committed individuals who are willing to share in some amazing and challenging experiences
- 28 days (pro-rata) annual leave entitlement (including public holidays), increases up to 35 days (pro-rata) with length of service
- Excellent induction and training programme that exceeds industry standards. You will also receive bespoke specialist training that reflects the needs of the service
- Opportunity to complete the Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Prospects for progression within the company - many of our support workers have gone on to become Team Leaders, Assistant Managers, Trainee Managers and Service Managers with us
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24 hour access to a counselling and legal helpline
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all backgrounds. This role is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
Freeways are committed to keeping staff and service users safe during the pandemic and have implemented a number of safety measures to reduce the risk of infection
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
JOB REF: AWDO-P6221
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Freeways